This tasty slow cooker pizza is a great way to make some homemade pizza when you don’t have access to an oven. It doesn’t end up as crisp as an oven baked pizza but is still incredibly delicious.
It’s pretty surprising how well this pizza will turn out. The dough is lovely and fluffy, and the topping is just absolutely gorgeous. It’s just yet another excellent example of one of the different slow cooker dishes you can do.
You can change the topping on this pizza to anything you want. For example, ham, olives, tomato, anchovies is a delicious combination that works surprisingly well in the slow cooker. Another great combination is Hawaiian (unless you hate pineapple on pizza), ham, cheese, pineapple, and pizza sauce.
Leftover pizza is always great so make sure you don’t be throwing those leftovers out. Store in the fridge then eat cold or reheat in either a microwave or hot oven. I just love pizza or pasta dishes as they are great for leftovers.
There are many reasons why you might want to do a pizza in a slow cooker rather than in the oven. However, there are a few downsides of cooking it in the slow cooker such as the topping not becoming that lovely crisp texture. If you don’t have time for a slow cooked meal, then a puff pastry pizza in the oven is a super easy way to quickly make a good tasting pizza without needing to make a dough.
If you like to see things in action, then be sure to check out the video below. It will take you through all the steps to making this delicious slow cooker pizza dish and shows you what it should look like once it’s finished cooking.
Slow Cooker Pizza Recipe
2 Hours & 20 Minutes
- 310g (11 oz.) pizza dough
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 100g (3.5 oz.) pepperoni slices
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Roll out the pizza dough, so it is roughly the size of the slow cooker pot.
- Lightly spray the slow cooker with oil.
- Add the dough to the slow cooker and form a crust around the edges.
- Evenly spread the base with the pizza sauce.
- Top the dough with pepperoni and cheese.
- Sprinkle with some pizza herbs.
- Cook on low for 2 hours or until the dough is cooked all the way through.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can make pizza dough from scratch, but I recommend that you use some premade pizza dough so you can save time.
- Feel free to vary the number of ingredients in this recipe. If you love pepperoni, you might want to double it.
- If you want to avoid too much oil pooling on the top of the pizza, then you can precook the pepperoni slices and dry them on some paper towel.
- I use pepperoni pizza as an example of just one topping you can do in the slow cooker. There is so many more that you’re able to do such as a breakfast pizza (egg, cheese, bacon, etc.). If you have a combination that you would like to share then be sure to leave a comment at the bottom of this page.
- For easy removal, you can use a slow cooker liner or line the slow cooker with baking paper or foil. Just make sure you leave enough excess, so you’re able to grab it and pull it out.
Pizza is always great but if you’re curious how much this might impact your diet then check out the information right below. It’s important to remember that this information is just an estimate as it merely is calculated using an online tool.
If you love pizza and can’t get enough, then be sure to check out the pepperoni pizza casserole. It’s packed full of flavor and can feed quite a few people, perfect if you need to feed a hungry crowd.
I hope that you enjoy this slow cooker pizza and that you don’t end up having any issues with making it. If you have some thoughts, tips or anything else, then feel free to leave a comment right below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.