This slow cooker pizza casserole is a great dinner dish for feeding a hungry mob of people. It’s a great meal for feeding a family as both kids and adults will love this tasty pizza dish.
The pizza sauce mix we make for this casserole cooks out to be rich and packed full of flavor. Once it’s layered with the pasta, cheese and slow cooked for several hours, you’re going be amazed at just how good this tastes.
Personally, I don’t ever really need sides to go with this casserole as it’s more than enough on its own. However, if you are looking for some sides, then I highly recommend some freshly baked crunchy garlic bread.
I love to keep the leftovers of this dish as they’re great for lunch the next day. Just make sure you keep them stored in the fridge or freezer until needed. It will last a few days if you’re storing it in the refrigerator.
Typically cooking pasta in the slow cooker for a long time tends to make it go to mush and not be very pleasant but surprisingly this came out so good. I recommend trying to use a higher quality pasta, so you get the best results possible.
Slow cooking can take a long time so it can be off-putting for some. If you need an easy pizza casserole fast, then you can always do this in the oven instead. It just comes down to what you’re feeling like and how much time you have.
If you love seeing food being made, then be sure to check out the video below. It takes you through all the steps to making this delicious pizza casserole.
Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole Recipe
- 500g (16 oz.) Rigatoni Pasta, drained & cooked
- 500g (16 oz.) ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 800g (28 oz.) pizza sauce
- 100g (3.5 oz.) pepperoni, chopped
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- In a frypan, cook the onion, ground beef, and pepperoni until browned. Drain off any excess fluid. Lastly, mix in the pizza sauce, diced bell pepper & put to the side.
- Next, in a slow cooker, add a little bit of meat sauce to the bottom and then layer in the following order. Pasta, pizza sauce, cheese & then repeat until you run out of the meat sauce. Finish off with some mozzarella on top.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You’re able to skip the browning of the ground beef, but it will add quite a bit more greasy fluid to the dish. I always recommend browning the ground beef before adding it to the slow cooker, but it isn’t compulsory.
- If you love your vegetables, then don’t hesitate to add a few more to this dish. Carrot and mushrooms are two great vegetables that work great in a pizza casserole.
- You’re able to swap the ground beef for some sliced Italian sausages or something similar.You will also find that ground pork, or chicken will also work great.
This casserole is probably not the healthiest thing you can be eating, but it is so much better than a salad. If you’re keeping an eye on what you’re eating, then you can find all the nutritional information you need right below.
There are plenty of casserole dishes that you can do in the slow cooker, and there are so many you can even buy a special casserole slow cooker. If you’re looking for another delicious slow cooker casserole recipe, then be sure to check out the tasty sausage casserole.
If you like this slow cooker pizza casserole then be sure to let me know, I love to hear feedback both good and bad. If there is also anything else that you would like to say, then please leave a comment right below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.