This creamy slow cooker chicken and bacon casserole is a fulfilling meal that will feed the entire family.
The casserole has a lovely creamy sauce that is packed full of flavor thanks to the wonderful range of ingredients. The chicken should cook to be tender just like the potato, and carrots. It’s simple and the perfect dish to get cooking early in the day so that it is ready for dinner.
Like most slow cooker casseroles, you can enjoy this on its own without the need of any side dishes. With that said, this casserole goes excellent with some freshly blanched greens such as broccoli and snow peas. Also mashed potato is great but you might want to omit the potato from the recipe.
You will be amazed by how many people you can feed from a single batch of this delicious casserole. I found that it was able to feed about six to eight people, but you can probably feed more if you had some tasty sides to go with the casserole.
The leftovers of this dish will freeze or refrigerate nicely. If you find yourself with leftovers make sure you keep them, you will find that that they’re pretty good for an easy lunch or dinner the next day.
A video on making this chicken and bacon casserole for the slow cooker is right below. If you love a written recipe, then you can find one right underneath the video.
Slow Cooker Chicken & Bacon Casserole Recipe
Can't see the video? Support us by disabling your adblocker.
- 1kg (2.2 lb) chicken thighs, cubed
- 200g (7 oz) crispy bacon, diced
- 200g (7 oz) mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 large potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 250ml (8.5 fl oz) chicken stock
- 250ml (8.5 fl oz) heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Add the chicken, bacon, mushrooms, onion, garlic, potatoes, carrot, thyme, tomato paste and chicken stock to the slow cooker. Gently stir the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Mix 3 tbsp water with the cornstarch. Gently stir the cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker along with the cream.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you want to slim down the ingredient list, then you can leave the potatoes out of the recipe. The result will still be delicious and packed full of flavor. Of course, it may not feed as many people.
- Some diced celery is an excellent addition to this slow cooker chicken and bacon casserole but is not necessary for a tasty dish.
- You can use other cuts of chicken such as drumsticks or chicken breasts. I prefer to use chicken thigh as I find they cook the best in a slow cooker.
- Always add cream at the end of cooking as it has a high chance of splitting.
- The bacon doesn't have to be crispy, but I do highly recommend it.
If you’re wondering how this slow cooker chicken and bacon casserole might fit in with your diet, then you can find all the nutritional information you need to know right below.
It’s important to keep in mind that the information below is only an estimate. Also, if you add any more ingredients or remove any then the values will be wrong.
There are many casserole dishes that you can make in the slow cooker. The pizza casserole is yet another family favorite that even the kids will enjoy. Delicious pepperoni and generous amounts of cheese make it a must-have.
A hearty dish that I highly recommend trying is the cheesy hashbrown casserole. It’s super simple and is extremely addictive. I can never stop eating it.
I absolutely love this slow cooker chicken bacon casserole and continues to be a dish that I regularly return to for a hearty meal.
I really hope that you find the same love for this delicious casserole. If you have any thoughts, tips or anything else, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.