Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken & Bacon Casserole Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time 8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves 6-8
- 1kg (2.2 lb) chicken thighs, cubed
- 200g (7 oz) crispy bacon, diced
- 200g (7 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 large potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 250ml (8.5 fl oz) chicken stock
- 250ml (8.5 fl oz) heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Add the chicken, bacon, mushrooms, onion, garlic, potatoes, carrot, thyme, tomato paste, and chicken stock to the slow cooker. Gently stir the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Mix the water with the cornstarch. Gently stir the cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker along with the cream.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you want to slim down the ingredient list, then you can leave the potatoes out of the recipe. The result will still be delicious and packed full of flavor. Of course, it may not feed as many people.
- Some diced celery is an excellent addition to this slow cooker chicken and bacon casserole. Still, it is not necessary for a tasty dish.
- You can use other cuts of chicken such as drumsticks or chicken breasts. I prefer to use chicken thigh as I find they cook the best in a slow cooker.
- Always add cream at the end of cooking as it has a high chance of splitting.
- The bacon does not have to be crispy, but I do highly recommend precooking it.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!