A delicious slow cooker breakfast casserole is a fantastic way to start the day. It’s also great if you need to feed a crowd and don’t want to make a ton of dishes in the morning.
This casserole blends all the fantastic flavors of a typical cooked breakfast in one super simple slow cooker dish. You have layers of crispy bacon, tomato, potato, cheese and of course an amazing egg mix. It is the perfect breakfast dish to get cooking the night before so you can wake up, make yourself a nice cinnamon latte and have a relaxing breakfast.
If you like the idea of hash browns in the slow cooker, then something like the easy cheesy hash brown casserole might interest you as well. It’s simply layered hash browns in a thick creamy, cheesy mix that is absolutely amazing.
This dish is very filling so you won’t find yourself needing a huge portion however with that said it’s super hard not to go back for seconds.
If you want to see how to do this recipe, then be sure to check out the video below. I go through all the steps to making this delicious breakfast casserole. If you like the video and would love to stay up to date with them, then be sure to subscribe over at the YouTube Channel.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole Recipe
6 Hours & 10 Minutes
- 500g (17 1/2 oz.) bacon rashers
- 12 eggs
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 750g (26 oz.) hash brown potatoes (Shredded or patties)
- 1 & ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese or similar
- 1 tsp. chives, chopped
- Firstly fry off the bacon in a frying pan until it’s nice & crispy. Once it’s cooked, place to the side.
- In a bowl beat the eggs together. Once beaten add the milk and mix in.
- In the slow cooker layer in the following order, 250g (9 oz.) hash browns, 5 rashers bacon, 1 sliced tomato, 1/2 cup of cheese, 1/3 of the egg mix, salt, pepper and then repeat. Finish off with a layer of hash browns on top and pour any of the remaining egg mixture in. Top with ½ cup of cheese, the chives, salt & pepper.
- Place the lid on and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You don’t need to precook the bacon but doing so will leave you with delicious crispy bits of bacon at the end of cooking.
- Remember most slow cookers run at different temperatures so you may find yours could cook sooner than 8 hours even on low.
- You can swap the bacon out for something like sliced pork sausages if you’re looking for an alternative to bacon. You could even try cooking the dish with pulled pork or shredded chicken.
- I made use of hash brown patties but you can also use shredded, it will work just as well. There won’t be much of a difference between the two so don’t stress too much about trying to choose which variety to buy.
- You can add some sliced red bell peppers to this dish by swapping the tomatoes with them or just having it as an extra ingredient.
- If you love things cheesy, then don’t be afraid to double that cheese. You could also experiment with stronger flavors of cheese to get a much different tasting dish.
If you want to know how much damage is being done by eating this delicious breakfast, then you can find out all the nutritional information below.
Keep in mind this information is a rough estimate and will likely vary slightly depending on the ingredients used and slight differences in the amounts you use. You can opt-in for smaller serves than what I recommend as this is a very fulfilling breakfast.
If you think this may be a little too much for your liking, then there are a ton of other easy slow cooker breakfast recipes that you’re able to do. For example, can just cook up some oatmeal or even French toast if you’re feeling like something bready.
If you have made this slow cooker breakfast casserole and would love to leave some feedback or have a variation that you would like to share, then be sure to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook.