If you’re prepping for a party, then this slow cooker chicken tacos meat recipe is something you need to try out. You only need three very simple ingredients, and it’s super easy to make.
This chicken taco meat goes great with some refried beans that you can also cook up in the slow cooker. For an incredibly tasty taco, I recommend having the chicken, refried beans, spinach, cheese and of course some salsa.
If you have a combination of ingredients for a taco that works amazingly then be sure to let us know by leaving a comment towards the bottom of this page.
Freezing the shredded chicken in serving sized packets is perfect if you don’t need to eat this all at once. You can simply reheat the packets in the microwave and have taco meat whenever you feel like it. I don’t recommend defrosting any food in the slow cooker.
You’re also able to store this chicken mix in the fridge for up to about three days. It is also a pretty good filling for sandwiches or even tasty chicken wraps. Perfect if you want something tasty to eat for lunch the next day.
If you want to see how to do this extremely simple slow cooker chicken tacos meat, then check out the video below. It’s very short so that it won’t chew up too much of your time. Alternatively, you can find the full written recipe right underneath the video.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Recipe
6 Hours & 10 Minutes
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 500g (1 lb.) chicken breast
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker and coat in the taco seasoning. Pour in the chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you don’t have any taco seasoning, then you can make the seasoning at home using a blend of spices and herbs. It’s surprisingly easy to make and perfect if you don’t have any around.
- You can easily double or even triple this recipe if you find that you need to feed more people.
- This chicken mix can go in more than just tacos. You’re able to use it in enchiladas, burritos, nachos and so much more.
- Chicken stock can be replaced with salsa instead. This replacement will give you a much richer tasting chicken taco mix. It just depends what you feel like having.
The nutritional information for this taco meat is right below. Please keep in mind that even though I try to get it as accurate as possible, it is still not 100% correct. This lack of accuracy is mainly due to it being calculated using an online tool.
Also, all the extras that you have with the chicken will need to go on top of the values below. The additions include the taco shell, cheese, refried beans and so on.
If you like this dish, then you’re probably going to like the chicken fajitas that you can also cook up in the slow cooker. They’re incredibly tasty and super easy to make.
If you have any variations, tips or something else that you would like to add to this slow cooker chicken tacos recipe then be sure to leave a comment right below. I love to hear what you have to say about the recipe.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.