This incredible slow cooker salsa chicken is a deliciously cheesy flavor-packed dish. It’s perfect if you need to feed some fussy eaters as it’s so damn delicious.
You only need four very simple ingredients to make this delicious dish. In fact, if for some reason you decide against the cheese then just salsa, taco seasoning and chicken will suffice. It’s undoubtedly one of the easiest slow cooker chicken recipes that you will find around.
The type of salsa that you use for this dish is entirely up to you. If you love spicy food, then feel free to use a spicy salsa as it should still turn out great. If you love the heat, then add a tablespoon or two of some chopped jalapenos.
There are many ways that you’re able to eat this dish including just on its own. If you have the spare time, I highly recommend that you try cooking up some Mexican rice to go with this delicious salsa chicken. They go so well together, and you will get even more serves out of one lot of this salsa chicken recipe.
Keep the leftovers as they will certainly come in handy the next day for lunch or dinner. Simply reheat in the microwave or a hot oven. The leftovers should last for a few days in the fridge if stored correctly. You can also freeze it, but cheese often doesn’t freeze very well.
The video in the middle of this page will take you through all the steps you need to know to make this delicious slow cooker dish. Alternatively, you can find the recipe right below or in our fantastic slow cooker cookbook.
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 1 kg (2 lb.) chicken breasts, large cubes
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a slow cooker, add the cubed chicken breasts and the taco seasoning. Mix together, so the chicken is coated with the seasoning.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add the cheese on top of the chicken, cook for a further 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Chicken thigh can be used instead of the breast, but there isn’t a huge difference between the two. It just comes down to what you have available and the cut of chicken you prefer.
- The taco seasoning can be made at home if you don’t have any packet mixes. It’s super easy to do and might save you money not having to buy expensive pre-made mixes.
The nutritional information for this incredibly easy salsa chicken is right below.
Please keep in mind this information is just an estimate and may vary if you’re using different brands of salsa, cheese, and the quality of the chicken.
If you like Mexican styled dishes then there are quite a few that you’re able to do. The slow cooker chicken enchilada stack is one of my favorites and surprisingly easy to put together. It’s great if you have some leftover shredded chicken that you need to use.
This slow cooker salsa chicken is pretty straightforward, so I hope that it comes out as great as it did for me. If you have any thoughts, tips, or anything else, then please feel to leave a comment towards the bottom of this page.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.