This slow cooker buffalo chicken is so easy to make and only requires four very simple ingredients.
The result is deliciously tender chicken with a sauce that will give you a ton of flavor alongside a tiny bit of spicy heat.
Once you’re ready to serve, you will have succulent flavor packed shredded chicken that goes perfectly in sandwiches, pizza or wraps. If you have some leftovers, then it is great the next day in something like a sandwich for lunch or a pasta for dinner. There are just so many options with how you use this shredded buffalo chicken.
The brand of buffalo wing sauce will heavily impact the flavor of the final dish so make sure you use your favorite. I think Franks is one of the best buffalo wing sauce brands around but you might have your own favorite.
Adding some cream cheese to the slow cooker will turn this into an incredibly cheesy buffalo chicken mix. It’s certainly not for everyone but worth a try if you love your food cheesy.
The amount of combinations that you’re able to do in a sandwich with this chicken mix is insane. I love to have it with a bit of cheddar cheese, baby spinach and a dollop of sour cream. Be sure to let me know your favorite combination in the comments below.
I prepared a video for this slow cooker buffalo chicken recipe, and you can check it out right below. It will take you through all the steps to making this chicken and what it should like throughout preparation. If you love this recipe and want more, then be sure to check out all of our delicious slow cooker chicken recipes.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Recipe
6 Hours & 10 Minutes
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker and cover with the ranch dressing mix. Lastly pour over the buffalo wing sauce.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken using two forks.
- Add the butter and mix.
- Serve & Enjoy
- The chicken breasts can be swapped out for chicken thigh. Thigh will a contain a little bit more fat so the final product may be a little greasier. You can try and remove any excess fat using a ladle before you shred the chicken.
- If you don’t have any ranch dressing available then you can make it home. This ranch dressing recipe is super handy for getting the measurements correct.
- Depending on the brands you're using you may find that his dish is a little too salty for your liking. To be extra careful you can reduce the amount of ranch dressing seasoning you use. You can alter the seasoning towards the end of cooking.
- The butter isn't essential but it does help a bit of richness to the dish.
Any nutritional information that you might want to know about this slow cooker buffalo chicken can be found right below. Please remember this information is only an estimate and may vary depending on the nutritional calculator you use.
Don't forget to add any extras that you have with the buffalo chicken such as a bread roll, cheese or even baby spinach.
If you love shredded chicken for sandwiches, pizza, tacos, and whatever else you can use it for, then you need to try out the cheesy slow cooker crack chicken. It’s a combination of ranch dressing, cream cheese, bacon, and chicken. It’s certainly worth trying out if you love addictive rich food. If you want more, then can find all of our recipes in our slow cooker cookbook.
I do hope that you enjoy this slow cooker buffalo chicken as much as I did and that you don’t run into issues while making it. If you have some variations, tips or something else that you would like to add then be sure to leave a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.