You will find that these slow cooker baked sweet potatoes cook to be absolutely perfect. It’s the ideal way to get some potatoes cooking early in the day so that they’re ready for when you get home.
There is a ton of toppings that you’re able to have with these potatoes. For example, I love to have some shredded buffalo chicken topped with cheese and a dollop of sour cream. The topping in the photos is some slow cooker chili topped with cheese and avocado, it was delicious.
If you have a topping combination that you love then be sure to share it by leaving a comment at the bottom of this page.
To make these sweet potatoes paleo friendly simply make sure the oil is one of the following; olive oil, coconut oil, lard, bacon fat or something similar. Using something like bacon fat will add even more flavor to the sweet potatoes.
Any leftover baked sweet potato can be heated again and still be delicious. So, make sure you keep any leftovers stored covered in the refrigerator. When you’re ready, merely heat the leftovers in either the microwave or a nice hot oven.
You can add as many sweet potatoes as your slow cooker can handle. This is perfect if you need to cook some baked sweet potatoes in bulk. You may want to move them around half-way through the cooking process to ensure any that aren’t touching the sides or bottom will be cooked correctly.
I love sweet potato, and it cooks well in the slow cooker. If you agree, then you might also like the mashed sweet potato that you can do in the slow cooker. It’s super easy and perfect if you need to cook in bulk.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and the video below will show you exactly that. Alternatively, there is a full written recipe right under the video that you can also find in our slow cooker cookbook.
Slow Cooker Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Can't see the video? Support us by disabling your adblocker.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork or skewer.
- Lightly rub in oil and season lightly with salt.
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can use foil if you prefer, but they will cook without issue if you decide not to use any. The sweet potatoes were evenly tender all the way through after eight hours of cooking with no foil.
- The size of the sweet potato can heavily impact the cooking time. If you have very large sweet potatoes, then they might take longer to cook. You can cut them into smaller sizes to help them cook faster.
- It’s hard to overcook your food if you have the slow cooker on low so don’t stress if they’re a bit small and you want to cook for the full eight hours.
- You can try using different variations of salt for different flavors. The same can be said with the oil, for example, you can try using bacon fat, or something similar.
If you need to know the nutritional information for these tasty baked sweet potatoes, then can find all you need to know right below.
I made use of an online calculator to work out the nutrition so it may not be one hundred percent accurate. It also doesn't take into account any of the extras that you might have with it such as chili, guacamole, cheese and so on.
If you like these, then you might also like the regular baked potatoes in the slow cooker. They’re done pretty much the same way and taste absolutely amazing. Totally worth it if you just love baked potatoes.
Another potato dish that’s worth checking out is the herby baby potatoes. These potatoes cook in a herb mixture for a few hours. The result is absolutely delicious.
I hope that the slow cooker baked sweet potatoes cook to be as great as they did for me. If you have tips, variations or anything else that you would like to mention, then please leave a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.