This easy slow cooker chili is the perfect dish for anyone who wants a nice meal that has a bit of heat to it. It is also the perfect dinner dish if you need to feed a crowd.
As you probably already know a good chili always goes amazing with some sour cream on top. Another thing I also love to have with my chili is some fresh bread which is usually some fantastic Turkish bread from the local bakery.
There are just so many meals and delicious side dishes that chili compliments well. For example, some great sides include mashed potato, rice, garlic bread, fresh bread and so much more.
Meals that make use of chili as a main ingredient include tasty nachos, chili cheese fries and much more. If you have a recipe that makes use of chili that you would like to share, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment at the bottom of this page.
Chili con carne is one of those awesome ground beef dishes that you can quickly reheat from either the fridge or freezer. So make sure you don’t throw the leftovers out and instead store them in an airtight container. It will keep for just a few days in the fridge otherwise the freezer will be the way to go. If you’re looking to spice up the leftovers, then trying one of the combinations mentioned above is well worth it.
If you want to see a quick video on how to cook this delicious slow cooker chili beef up, then check out the one below. It’s short, snappy and straight to the point.
Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
6 Hours & 20 Minutes
- 500g (17 ½ oz.) ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2x 400g (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1x 400g (14 oz.) can red kidney beans
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- 2 tsp. chili (Flakes, Fresh or powder)
- Salt & Pepper
- In a frying pan over high heat, fry the ground beef, garlic & onion. Once browned, drain the excess fluid (optional) & transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the red bell pepper, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, red kidney beans, ground cumin, paprika and chili to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for about 3-4 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- It’s always good to fry off the ground beef before adding it to the slow cooker. However, if you’re running low on time, there is no harm in just skipping it and throwing all the ingredients into the slow cooker.
- The sugar helps take away the bitterness of the tomatoes, and you don’t need much of it. However, if you find one tablespoon is not enough then feel free to add a bit more.
- If you’re not of a fan of beans and would prefer a chili without beans, then simply leave them out. If you want something to replace them with, then something like a couple of diced carrots works well.
- Now, if you love things spicy, then don’t be afraid to increase the amount of chili in this dish. You should find an extra couple of tablespoons of chili will get things spicy.
If you want to know all the nutritional information for this delicious slow cooker chili con carne, then you can find it right below. Keep in mind this doesn’t take into account any extras that you might have with the chili such as garlic bread, mash potato, rice and so on.
The values below are also estimated so they might slightly vary depending on the quality and quantity of the ingredients you end up using.
The tasty beef goulash is another excellent stew-like dish that you should check out. The beef after being slow cooked for several hours is amazingly tender and packed full of flavor.
The hearty meatballs in a rich tomato sauce are yet another fantastic slow cooker ground beef recipe that you should certainly give a try. This dish goes terrific with some freshly cooked pasta.
If you want to leave some feedback or have a variation on this super easy slow cooker chili that you would like to share, then please be sure to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook.