Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 20 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 500 g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 800 g (1.8 lb) diced tomatoes
- 400 g (14.1 oz) can red kidney beans
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- In a frying pan over high heat, fry the ground beef, garlic & onion. Once browned, drain the excess fluid (optional) & transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the red bell pepper, diced tomatoes, red kidney beans, tomato paste, sugar, paprika, ground cumin and chili to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- It’s always good to brown the ground beef and then discard excess fluid before adding it to the slow cooker. However, if you’re running low on time, there is no harm in just skipping it and throwing all the ingredients straight into the slow cooker.
- The sugar helps take away the bitterness of the tomatoes, and you don’t need much of it. However, if you find one tablespoon is not enough, then feel free to add a bit more.
- If you’re not of a fan of beans and would prefer chili without beans, then simply leave them out. If you want something to replace them with, then something like a couple of diced carrots works well.
- Now, if you love things spicy, then don’t be afraid to increase the amount of chili in this dish. You should find an extra couple of tablespoons of chili will get things spicy.
- If you need this chili fast, then turn the slow cooker to high and only cook for 3-4 hours instead.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!