Slow cooker stuffed peppers are a fantastic dish that you can prepare early in the day and have them ready for when you sit down for dinner.
There are so many variations on stuffed peppers as it’s effortless to change the recipe to suit your taste buds. Just make sure you don’t add too many wet ingredients otherwise the filling will become sloppy.
You can cook these stuffed peppers in either some marinara sauce or in beef stock. Both will impart a unique flavor to your peppers. Personally, I prefer tomato-based sauce, so I tend to use marinara sauce.
Towards the end, I topped the peppers with a bit of cheese. This addition of cheese not only makes it look appealing but also adds that lovely cheesy texture and flavor. I use cheddar cheese, but mozzarella or even parmesan will work great too.
These slow cooker stuffed peppers are great just on their own and won’t require any extras. Out of a single batch of this recipe, you will feed about four to six people. If you want some extra sides to go with it then something like rice, a salad, or even potato mash will go great with this dish.
I haven’t been able to test how these will reheat after freezing however it’s unlikely they will heat great. Leftovers kept in the fridge are still decent enough to enjoy once heated. Discard after a couple of days in the refrigerator.
The video below will take you through all the steps to making these stuffed peppers in the slow cooker. It’s short, snappy and won’t chew up too much of your time. You can also subscribe to our channel here. Alternatively, you can find the full written recipe right underneath the video.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers Recipe
8 Hours & 20 Minutes
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 500g (17.5 oz.) ground beef, lean
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. oregano, dried
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp. salt & ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup beef stock or 425g (15 oz.) pasta or marinara sauce
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the white membrane and seeds from inside.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, cheese, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and the cooked rice.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the mixture.
- Add the bell peppers to a slow cooker.
- Pour in the beef stock or the marinara sauce.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the beef is cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy
- It’s important to use lean ground beef as you don’t want too much fat in the slow cooker. If you can’t get your hands on some lean ground beef, then brown and drain it before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Using uncooked rice in the beef mixture may lead to the rice not cooking correctly. Uncooked rice will be hard and not appetising at all.
- When you pour in the beef stock or marinara sauce, make sure you don't get any inside the bell peppers. It can make them get very sloppy.
All the nutritional information that you might like to know can be found right below. Please keep in mind that I used an online tool to calculate this information for these stuffed bell peppers so it may be slightly inaccurate.
I hope that you enjoy these slow cooker stuffed peppers as much as I did. If you have some tips, thoughts, or just anything else that you would like to say about this recipe then feel free to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook.