Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time: 8 Hours & 20 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 500 g (1.1 lb) ground beef, lean
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp parsley, dried
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 425 g (15 oz) marinara sauce
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the white membrane and seeds from inside.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, cheese, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, and the cooked rice until combined.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the mixture.
- Add the stuffed peppers to a slow cooker.
- Pour in the marinara sauce.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until the beef is cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- It’s important to use lean ground beef as you don’t want too much fat in the slow cooker. If you can’t get your hands on some lean ground beef, then brown and drain it before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Using uncooked rice in the beef mixture will likely lead to the rice not cooking correctly. Uncooked rice will be hard and not appetizing at all.
- When you pour in the marinara sauce, make sure you don't get any inside the bell peppers. It can make the insides very sloppy.
- You can use a pasta sauce or beef stock as a replacement for the marinara sauce.
- Reduce the cooking time by setting the slow cooker to high. On high, this dish should be ready within three to four hours.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!