This slow cooker Salisbury steak recipe is a must try. It features juicy beef patties with an incredible gravy that’s packed with flavor.
At the end of cooking, you will have some juicy Salisbury steaks. The gravy will be packed with flavor and have delicious bits of mushroom and onion throughout it. It’s a dish that will please the family.
A little history on the Salisbury steak, it’s a dish that originated in the United States and is considered a staple in American cuisine. Traditionally it is made with ground beef and other ingredients. Lastly, it has a delicious gravy poured over the top of the patties. This slow cooker variation isn’t much different.
Another way you can serve this dish is in a bread roll with the lovely gravy. It tastes as good as it sounds and will easily feed a few people.
The leftovers of this dish will heat the next day nicely, so it’s perfect for a relaxed lunch or dinner. Make sure you store it in the fridge and heat in a frypan, microwave or oven. I don’t recommend reheating food in a slow cooker.
If you love to see how to make recipes, then be sure to check out the awesome video I have prepared below. Alternatively, if written recipes are more your thing, then you can find one right under the video.
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak Recipe
Can't see the video? Support us by disabling your adblocker.
- 500g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 onion sliced
- 250g (9 oz) mushroom sliced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, parsley and salt together. It shouldn’t be too wet or dry.
- Form the beef mixture into four to six patties.
- In a large frypan over high heat, brown the patties. Roughly 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, beef stock, Worcestershire sauce and beef patties to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the patties and place to the side.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Pour into the slow cooker and stir until mixed in. Season to taste.
- Add the patties back to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes until hot and thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can use patties from the supermarket, but I highly recommend making them from scratch. It won’t take too long, and they taste so much better.
- I highly recommend that your brown your beef patties before placing them in the slow cooker. It will help prevent them from falling apart.
- The mushrooms aren't essential so if you're not a fan then simply leave them out of the recipe.
- To get the most out of slow cooking be sure to follow our tips for the slow cooker or crock pot.
All the nutritional information for this delicious dish is right below. It assumes you will eat the gravy as well as the patties.
This information is just an estimate as I made use of an online tool to calculate it. Please also remember to add any extras that you have with the dish.
If you feel like something a little different then I highly recommend the stuffed peppers, they cook to be juicy and have so much flavor. I highly recommend trying the recipe.
That’s all I have for this Salisbury steak recipe for the slow cooker. If you have a variation, adjustments or anything else that you would like to add anything then, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.