If you’re tired of beef, then this slow cooker chicken chili is certainly for you. It’s very similar to just regular chili but instead has incredible shredded chicken throughout it. It’s super easy to cook up and tastes incredible.
While you can have just this dish just on its own, there are a ton of extras that you can have with it. For example, something like some fresh bread will go perfectly on the side. You could also cook some rice for it to go with but that will involve more dishes and prep.
There are so many ways that you’re able to serve this slow cooker chicken chili, for example, this can go on top of some chili cheese fries, on top of nachos and so much more. There is indeed a lot more different types of dishes that you can do with this.
This version of chicken chili has the traditional tomato based sauce with all the spices and flavors you know and love. If you’re looking for something a little creamier than the white chili chicken dish is indeed one that you should check out.
Much like any chili this will reheat nicely so make sure you keep the leftovers. Just store covered in the fridge until you need it then just heat in the microwave or over the stove. You can also freeze this dish and keep it for a few months before you will need to eat it.
If you would like to see how to prepare and cook this recipe visually, then be sure to check out the video below. It will take you through all the steps to making this delicious chicken chili. If you prefer the written recipe, then you can find it right below.
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
6 Hours & 15 Minutes
6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- 2 chicken Breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell Pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. Garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1x 400g (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1x 400g (14 oz.) can red kidney beans
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1 tsp. oregano, dried
- 2 tsp. chili paste or similar
- Salt & Pepper
- First, add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients on top of the chicken breasts and mix together.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred using two forks.
- Return the chicken and cook for 15-30 minutes or until reheated.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you think this chili might not be spicy enough for you, then you can always double the amount of chili. Doubling the chili should add a good amount of heat to the dish.
- Beans are one of the best parts of good chili, but if you’re not a fan, then you can easily leave these out. You can replace them with something like chunky carrots.
- If you’re not a fan of chicken breasts in the slow cooker, then you can swap these out for chicken thighs. It will still pull apart the same way and still be incredibly tasty. You will need about four chicken thighs to make up for the two chicken breasts (Roughly 500g/17 oz).
- You will want to defrost frozen chicken before placing it in the slow cooker to avoid increased risks of food poisoning.
- This dish uses sugar to help reduce the tartness of the tomatoes. If you’re not a fan of adding sugar to your meals, then you can just leave it out or replace it with something you’re happy to use.
One thing that you might be interested in is the nutritional information for this slow cooker chicken chili. If this is the case, then you can find out all the information you need below.
Keep in mind this information doesn’t include any extras that you might have with the chili such as sour cream, bread and so on. It is also only estimated using an online tool so it may not be super accurate but should be good enough to able to tell if this dish is ok for you or not.
Decided you’re not feeling like having chicken, but beef is what you’re interested in eating. Then be sure to check out my delicious beef chili recipe.
I hope that this slow cooker chicken chili cooks to be as great as it did for me. If you have any tips, feedback or anything else that you would like to share, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook!