One great dish you need to try is slow cooker cheesy potatoes with crispy bacon. It’s incredibly addictive and perfect if you’re looking for a delicious treat.
These cheesy potatoes are so good, but they’re even better when topped with some fresh guacamole and sour cream. Of course, this will add a few more calories to the dish, but it’s so worth it if you want a flavor-packed meal.
You will find that this dish will reheat quite nicely so make sure you don’t go throwing out any leftovers. I recommend only storing it in the fridge as cheese doesn’t freeze that well. It should last up to about a week in the refrigerator however if it smells terrible just throw it out.
In addition to the bacon, you can add some ground beef or shredded chicken. This addition will give you some meatier cheesy potatoes that taste incredible. Very similar to the something like the tater tot beef casserole but with fresh potatoes.
These potatoes you can have as a main meal, or you can have them as a side. If you have multiple slow cookers, then I highly recommend cooking up another delicious dinner recipe to go with these potatoes. For example, the Mississippi roast beef goes excellent as a main to this dish. It is super easy to prepare much like this dish and cooks out to be deliciously tender and packed full of flavor.
If you want to see how this recipe is done then the video I have prepared below will take you through all the steps. Alternatively, you can find the full written recipe right below the video.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- 500g (1 lb.) crispy bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 500g (1 lb.) cheddar cheese, grated
- 30g (1 oz.) butter, cubed
- In a slow cooker, add the potatoes and onions. Scatter the butter across the potatoes, season lightly with salt & pepper. Lastly, top with the cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can always place raw bacon into the slow cooker instead of pre-cooked bacon. However, it won’t have that delicious crispy taste as fried bacon does.
- Swapping the potatoes for a different variety such as sweet potato will radically change the outcome. Indeed, something to try if you love experimenting a little.
- If you’re worried the potatoes are uncooked, then you can check them by simply using a cake skewer. Simply skewer the potato, and if it goes in easily, the potato is cooked and ready to eat.
- Mixing up the cheese you use is a great way to get some very different tasting potatoes. A few kinds of cheese you can try adding include some brie, mozzarella, goats cheese or even some gouda cheese.
All the nutritional information you need to know about this tasty dish is right below. Please keep in mind that I have only used an online tool to calculate this information so it may not be super accurate.
If this isn’t taking your fancy, then you might be interested in the cheesy hash brown casserole. Very similar to this dish but uses hash brown potatoes with a whole bunch of cheese and cream of chicken soup.
I hope that you enjoy these slow cooker cheesy potatoes and that they have cooked out to be as good as they were for me. If you have some feedback, tips or anything else, then please feel free to leave a comment right below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.