Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 500 g (1.1 lb) crispy bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 500 g (1.1 lb) cheddar cheese, grated
- 30 g (1.1 oz) butter, cubed
- In a slow cooker, add the potatoes and onions. Scatter the butter across the potatoes, season lightly with salt & pepper.
- Lastly, top with the cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can always place raw bacon into the slow cooker instead of pre-cooked bacon. However, it won’t have that delicious crispy taste as fried bacon does.
- Swapping the potatoes for a different variety, such as sweet potato, will radically change the outcome. Indeed, something to try if you love experimenting a little.
- If you’re worried the potatoes are uncooked, then you can check them by simply using a cake skewer. Simply skewer the potato, and if it goes in easily, the potato is cooked and ready to eat.
- Mixing up the cheese you use is a great way to get some very different tasting potatoes. A few kinds of cheese you can try adding include some brie, mozzarella, goats cheese, or even some gouda cheese.
- Turn the slow cooker to high and cook for three to four hours if you want this dish faster.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!