It’s so easy to do some slow cooker jacket potatoes that you will find you’re cooking them all the time. They are excellent if you want to have some perfectly cooked potatoes for dinner that you can get cooking early in the morning.
Jacket potatoes go so well with many different dishes and toppings. If you’re looking to use these as a side, then they go great with some honey mustard chicken, roast beef and so much more. On the flip side, they’re great as a meal when topped with some pulled pork, chili or even some beef brisket.
There is a surprising amount of potato dishes that you can do in the slow cooker. If you end up loving these jacket potatoes, then you should certainly take a look at the buttered baby potatoes. They’re great as a side and so easy to quickly get into the slow cooker and cooking.
You can keep the leftover potatoes in the fridge for a few days. If you’re reheating these in the microwave make sure you remove the foil unless you want a ton of sparks. You can also use the leftovers in other dishes where the potato is the main ingredient, something like a corn beef hash is the perfect dish for leftover potatoes.
I prepared a video below that shows you through the few steps for this super easy recipe. If you want a written recipe, then you can find it underneath the video. You can also find the recipe in our digital slow cooker cookbook.
Slow Cooker Jacket Potatoes Recipe
- 4 large potatoes, cleaned
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Prick the potatoes all over with a skewer or fork.
- Lightly rub each potato with oil.
- Lightly season the potatoes with salt.
- Wrap each potato tightly in foil.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Once cooked, these jacket potatoes go so well with some butter over the top.
- As mentioned above, these are great topped with chili or a similar dish. Alternatively, some sour cream and chives also work great.
- Jacket potatoes don’t work if you peel the potato so make sure you leave the peel on. Make sure you clean the potato of any dirt.
- You don’t need to use oil, but it helps crisp the outside of the potatoes and adds a bit of flavor. If you want a ton of flavor then using something like duck fat will add so much more flavor. The only downside is duck fat is so much more expensive.
There isn’t much to this recipe, but I have included the nutritional information anyway. It’s important to keep in mind this information will vary massively depending on the size of the potatoes you’re using. You will also need to add the values of any topping that you have with it. Something like chili can add quite a few extra calories to the total.
If you love potato dishes, there is so much that you can cook up in the slow cooker. The cheesy potatoes are so good if you’re looking for a tasty side or breakfast. Not the healthiest dish but it is good it’s hard to stop eating.
This slow cooker jacket potatoes recipe is so easy, and I hope that your dish works out fine. If you have some feedback, tips, or anything else, then feel free to leave a comment right below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.