This delicious slow cooker honey mustard chicken is an amazing dinner dish that can be quickly prepared. It takes 4-6 hours to cook and the result is absolutely amazing.
You can either serve the chicken as is or you can shred it and mix shredded chicken through the sauce. Both are great options but if you’re looking to use this for sandwich meat then shredding is probably the better option.
I recommend cooking up some rice to go with this dish. Personally, I had it with some white rice and green vegetables, it was certainly a good combination. There are other different sides that you can try with it such as chips, vegetables and so much more. If you have any suggestions be sure to leave a comment at the bottom of this page.
Make sure you keep the leftovers as they will reheat nicely. Just store in an airtight container in the fridge and then reheat in a frypan or microwave whenever you need food.
If you want to see how this recipe is done, then be sure to check out the video above. I go through all the steps to getting this honey mustard chicken prepared, cooked and onto the plate.
Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp. Tabasco
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- ½ Cup honey
- ¼ Cup whole grain mustard
- ¼ Cup Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to season
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch (cornflour)
- In a jug, mix together the tabasco, garlic, honey, Dijon and whole grain mustard.
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken breasts and pour the honey mustard sauce over the top.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on low.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water
- Remove the chicken breasts and mix in the cornstarch mix.
- Return the chicken breasts to the slow cooker and cook for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy
- As I mentioned above you can shred the chicken instead. This is perfect if you want to use it as sandwich meat, with nachos, in tacos and much more.
- If you love the taste of garlic, then don’t be afraid to double the amount that’s in this delicious slow cooker honey mustard chicken recipe.
- You can use chicken thigh instead of breast. It doesn’t hugely matter what you end up deciding to use, you could even use chicken wings or drumsticks if that’s what you wanted.
- If you don’t have whole grain mustard, then this can be replaced with just Dijon or something similar.
- You don’t have to thicken the sauce but you may find that it is a little too runny without a thickener.
- If you don’t have the time to cook this in the slow cooker, then you can always just bake the honey mustard chicken instead. You can work this out by using a conversion chart for slow cooker times.
If you’re curious how much of an impact this tasty chicken dish will have on your diet, then you can find all the information you need below. Keep in mind this information is an estimate and may change depending on the ingredients used. It also doesn’t consider any extras that you might have with it.
There are a ton of other slow cooker chicken dishes that you should try out. For example, something like the honey garlic chicken recipe might interest if you’re a fan of this one. There is just so many dishes that you can easily adapt to the slow cooker.
I hope that this slow cooker honey mustard chicken cooks up to be as nice as it did for me. If you have a variation, tips, feedback, or something else that you would like to say then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.