Slow cooker honey garlic chicken is an amazing dish that blends the sweetness of honey with soy & garlic. For a little bit of an extra bite, you can add some tabasco sauce to this recipe.
One thing that I love about this dish is how incredibly simple it is. If you add the vegetables, then you’re unlikely going to need to make anything else to go with it however that’s entirely up to you.
This dish is perfect just by itself especially if you have the vegetables with it. However, if you’re looking for something else to go with it, then something like some rice will really go well with it.
I recommend using a low sodium soy sauce when you go to make this. I tried it with both variations and found the regular soy to be a bit too heavy and salty. With that said it was still fine to eat.
If you want to see how this delicious slow cooker recipe is done, then be sure to check out the video above. It goes through all the steps to making this delicious dish. If you like the video, then be sure to subscribe, so you’re kept up to date on all the latest video.
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, crushed
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp. basil (Fresh or Dried)
- 1 tsp. tabasco or sriracha sauce (Optional)
Optional Extra Vegetables
- 16 Baby carrots
- 4 potatoes, quartered (halved if small)
- In a bowl, combine the crushed garlic, honey, soy sauce, tabasco & basil.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Optional: If adding the vegetables place these to either side of the chicken.
- Pour the honey garlic sauce over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for about 3-4 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Cooking the vegetables in with the chicken not only adds flavor to the dish it also means less washing up as you won’t need to cook any extras.
- You can easily swap the chicken thigh out for a different cut such as breasts, drumsticks and more.
- If you love garlic, then I would recommend adding maybe another two tablespoons to this recipe.
- Supposing you want some green beans, snow peas or most other green vegetables then add these towards the end. If you add them at the start, they will discolor and be very ugly green by the end.
- You shouldn’t need any extra salt as the soy will provide plenty of it.
- If you find the sauce too runny at the end and would like it to be a bit thicker then simply use some cornstarch to thicken it, you will find one tablespoon will be more than enough. It might also be easier transferring the sauce to a pot over high heat to complete this extra optional step.
- Assuming you add potatoes, make sure you don’t make them too large as they may not cook all the way through and there is nothing worse than hard potato. I find that if they are quartered or halved, they will always be thoroughly cooked at the end.
The nutritional information for this delicious chicken dish is right below. It’s important to note that this information may not be 100% accurate as it was calculated using an online tool. It should still be good enough to give you an excellent idea of how this dish might impact your diet.
Another cool thing you can try is using the honey garlic sauce in place of the seasoning in the whole chicken recipe. This tweak will leave you with a sticky sweet whole chicken that is incredibly enjoyable.
If you have something you would love to share about this slow cooker honey garlic chicken recipe, then be sure to leave a comment below!
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.