Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp basil, chopped
- 1 tsp tabasco or sriracha sauce (Optional)
- 16 baby carrots
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- In a bowl, combine the crushed garlic, honey, soy sauce, Tabasco, and basil.
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker.
- If you're adding the vegetables, place these to either side of the chicken.
- Pour the honey garlic sauce over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Cooking the vegetables in with the chicken not only adds flavor to the dish but also means less washing up as you won’t need to cook any extras.
- You can easily swap the chicken thigh for a different cut of chicken such as breasts, drumsticks, or chicken wings.
- Green beans, snow peas, and most other green vegetables are best added towards the end. If you add them at the start, they will discolor and be very ugly green by the end of cooking.
- You shouldn’t need to add any extra salt as the soy will provide plenty.
- If you find the sauce too runny at the end and would like it to be a bit thicker, then simply use some cornstarch to thicken it. You will find one tablespoon will be more than enough. It might also be easier transferring the sauce to a pot over high heat to complete this extra optional step.
- Assuming you add potatoes, make sure you don’t make them too large as they may not cook all the way through, and there is nothing worse than hard potato. I find that if they are quartered or halved, they will always be thoroughly cooked at the end.
- If you're cooking on high, reduce the cooking time to three hours.
- You can use regular soy, but replace half the soy with water instead.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!