Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time 8 Hours & 10 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork or skewer.
- Lightly rub in oil and season lightly with salt.
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can use foil if you prefer, but they will cook without issue if you decide not to use any. The sweet potatoes were evenly tender all the way through after eight hours of cooking with no foil.
- The size of the sweet potato can heavily impact the cooking time. If you have very large sweet potatoes, then they might take longer to cook. You can cut them into smaller sizes to help them cook faster.
- It’s hard to overcook your food if you have the slow cooker on low so don’t stress if they’re a bit small and you want to cook for the full eight hours.
- You can try using different variations of salt for different flavors. The same can be said with the oil, for example, you can try using bacon fat, or something similar.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!