Slow cooker crack chicken is the perfect combination of ranch dressing, cream cheese and of course bacon. It goes great in sandwiches, tacos, pizza, nachos and so much more.
You only need five very simple ingredients to make this chicken dish, and they’re all pretty easy to get your hands on. Some countries may not have the dry ranch dressing mix so you will need to make it from scratch, there is a super handy recipe linked in the cooking tips that you can check out.
If you’re able to, you can buy dry ranch dressing mix packets from somewhere such as Amazon or your local supermarket.
Even though you can eat this by itself, I recommend having something with it. Baked potatoes go great with it if you have the extra time to make them. Otherwise simple sandwiches are always a great easy dinner. Avocado and baby spinach goes great with the chicken in a nice fresh bread roll.
This dish makes a lot of chicken so if you know you’re not going to need much then I highly recommend halving this recipe. I made the full recipe and got a bit bored of 3+ days worth of crack chicken.
Make sure you keep the leftovers as they will keep for about 3-5 days in the fridge if stored correctly. As I mentioned before it goes great in sandwiches, this makes it perfect for lunches and so much more.
If you love seeing recipes done visually then be sure to check out the video below. It goes through all the steps to making this delicious crack chicken and what it should look like throughout cooking.
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Recipe
- 1kg (2 lb) chicken breasts
- 500g (16 oz.) cream cheese
- ¼ cup chicken stock or water
- 30g (1 oz.) dry ranch seasoning
- 500g (16 oz.) fried crispy bacon
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken, cream cheese, chicken stock and ranch dressing.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken falls apart easily.
- Pull the chicken apart using two forks.
- Add the diced bacon and mix together until well combined.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you need to make your ranch dressing powder, then check out this awesome quick & easy ranch seasoning recipe. It’s easy to make with just using some basic dried herbs around the house.
- If you don’t have chicken breasts, then these can be replaced with chicken thigh. Personally, I would avoid chicken with the bone-in as it will be hard to shred the chicken at the end. You may also end up with more gristly bits then you would like if you cook with bone-in chicken.
- You can skip the chicken stock, but the result may be a bit dryer depending on the cut of chicken you use.
- If for some reason, you don’t want the bacon then you can leave this out. I would avoid adding it to the slow cooker raw as it will not crisp up and the result will not be as nice.
This slow cooker crack chicken isn’t the best combination of ingredients so you may not want to see this, but here it is anyway. Keep in mind this nutritional information is estimated using an online tool and may differ if you calculate it yourself.
If you’re not feeling like chicken but want something that would go great as sandwich meat or topping for nachos, then you should check out the incredible pulled pork. It’s super easy to make, and you’re able to use your own favorite BBQ sauce, so it’s perfect for your taste buds.
I hope that this delicious slow cooker crack chicken cooks to be as good as it was for me. If you have any tips, feedback, suggestions, or anything else, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.