Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 10 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) chicken breasts
- 500 g (1.1 lb) cream cheese
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 30 g (1.1 oz) dry ranch seasoning
- 500 g (1.1 lb) fried crispy bacon
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken, cream cheese, chicken stock, and ranch dressing.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken falls apart easily.
- Pull the chicken apart by using two forks.
- Add the diced bacon and mix until well combined.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you need to make some ranch dressing powder, then check out this quick and easy ranch seasoning recipe. It’s easy to make with just using some basic dried herbs around the house.
- If you don’t have chicken breasts, then these can be replaced with chicken thigh. Personally, I would avoid chicken with the bone-in as it will be hard to shred the chicken at the end. You may also end up with more gristly bits.
- You can skip the chicken stock, but the result may be a bit dryer depending on the cut of chicken you use.
- If for some reason, you don’t want the bacon, then you can leave it out. I would avoid adding it to the slow cooker raw as it will not crisp up, and the result will not be as tasty.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!