Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time 6 Hours & 10 Minutes
- Serves 6
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker and cover with the ranch dressing mix. Lastly, pour over the buffalo wing sauce.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken using two forks.
- Add the butter and mix.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The chicken breasts can be swapped out for chicken thigh. The thigh will contain a little bit more fat, so the final product may be a little greasier. You can try and remove any excess fat using a ladle before you shred the chicken.
- For a completely different meal, you can use chicken drumsticks. This option is great if you want finger food rather than sandwiches or sliders.
- If you don’t have any ranch dressing available, then you can make it at home. This ranch dressing recipe is super handy for getting the measurements correct.
- Depending on the brands you're using, you may find that this dish is a little too salty for your liking. To be extra careful, you can reduce the amount of ranch dressing seasoning you use. You can alter the seasoning towards the end of cooking.
- The butter isn't essential, but it does add a bit of richness to the dish.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!