Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 10 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 500 g (1.1 lb) chicken breasts
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker and coat in the taco seasoning. Pour in the chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker to keep warm.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you don’t have any taco seasoning, then you can make the seasoning at home using a blend of spices and herbs. It’s surprisingly easy to make and perfect if you don’t have any around.
- You can easily double or even triple this recipe if you find that you need to feed more people.
- This chicken mix can go in more than just tacos. You are able to use it in enchiladas, burritos, nachos and so much more.
- Chicken stock can be replaced with salsa instead. This replacement will give you a much richer tasting chicken taco mix. It just depends on what you feel like having.
- The cut of chicken that you use is entirely up to you. I prefer chicken breasts as it tends to pull apart better than the chicken thigh.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!