If you love satay, then you need to give this slow cooker satay beef a try. It’s packed full of flavor and guaranteed to please even the fussiest of eaters.
The satay sauce is pretty straightforward for this recipe. It combines several ingredients such as peanuts, soy, brown sugar and more for a delicious rich sauce that will leave you wanting more.
When choosing a cut of beef for this dish try and pick something cheap like rump steak. Rump is also known as sirloin (America) so depending on which country you’re in it might go by different names. Much like most slow cooker beef recipes, the beef in this dish will cook to be incredibly tender, so a tougher cut of meat works perfectly.
There are quite a few sides that you’re able to have with this dish. For example, some egg noodles or similar goes perfectly with this. If you want to try something different, then mashed potato works quite well too. Alternatively, just plain rice works exceptionally well with this dish.
If you find yourself with leftovers, then make sure you don’t go throwing it out as they will reheat quite nicely. I recommend just keeping it in the fridge, but you can freeze it if you wish for it to last longer.
The video below will take you through the steps to making this delicious satay beef recipe. If you prefer, then you can find the full written recipe right underneath the video. You can also get all of our tasty recipes in the 101+ slow cooker recipe cookbook.
Slow Cooker Satay Beef Recipe
8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- 500g (17.5 oz.) rump steak, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp. peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thick slices
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. ginger, crushed
- 1 tsp. red chili flakes
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup beef stock
- Quickly brown the beef in a frypan, drain any excess fluid.
- In a slow cooker, add the beef, peanut oil, onion, red bell pepper, garlic, ginger, red chili flakes, brown sugar, soy sauce, peanut butter, coconut milk and beef stock.
- Mix together and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- The red chili flakes can be left out if you don’t like spicy food. It is also perfect to leave the chili out if you need to feed kids.
- If you need to feed a lot of people, then you can easily just double the recipe. You can try only increasing the meat, but you might not end up with enough sauce, so I recommend doubling all the ingredients.
- You’re able to skip browning the meat if you’re running low on time. There shouldn’t be a huge difference, but I recommend doing it if you have the time.
The nutritional information for this tasty slow cooker satay beef can be found right below. It’s important to remember that this doesn’t include any extras that you might have with it such as rice.
If you like this beef dish, then you might also desire the beef and broccoli. Much like this dish it has a delicious rich sauce that just compliments the beef well.
I hope that you enjoy this slow cooker satay beef, it indeed has become one of my favorite dishes. If you have any thoughts, tips or anything else, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook!