If you want a delicious beef dish, then you will be extremely satisfied with this slow cooker teriyaki beef. The beef cooks to be incredibly tender and the sauce so deliciously rich you will be going in for seconds.
Using a cheap cut of meat is a great way to save on money, and you won’t find any negative with doing so. By the time the dish is done cooking the beef will be tender and flavorsome.
As with a lot of slow cooker beef dishes, this goes great with some freshly cooked white rice. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t have it with something like potato mash, jacket potatoes or even just with some roasted vegetables.
Bulking out this teriyaki beef dish is as easy as just adding a bunch of potatoes, carrots, and other delicious root vegetables. By the end of cooking, you will have a sweet sauce with beef, vegetables and a meal that will feed quite a few heads.
Don’t be throwing out any leftovers as they will keep quite well for a few days. Just keep in either the fridge or freezer, it should last roughly three days in the fridge. Also, make sure you reheat in either the microwave or over a hot stove.
I have put together a quick video that you can find right below. It will take you through all the steps to making some delicious slow cooker teriyaki beef. If you’re more of a written recipe person, then you can find that right underneath the video or in our slow cooker recipe book.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef Recipe
8 Hours & 10 Minutes
8 Hours & 25 Minutes
- 1kg (2.2 lb) rump steak, thickly sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. ginger, crushed
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup beef stock
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, ground
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- In a frypan over high heat, lightly brown the beef, then put to the side.
- Next, in a slow cooker, add the garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce, beef stock, rice wine vinegar and the black pepper.
- Next, gently mix in the sliced beef strips.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the beef is tender.
- To thicken the sauce, mix together the cornstarch and the water together. Gently stir into the teriyaki beef mix.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If beef isn’t your thing, then you can also do this dish with chicken instead. Both variations work incredibly well, so it just comes down to personal preference.
- As I mentioned above, make sure you use a cheap cut of beef like rump or round for the best results.
- You can use jar teriyaki sauce instead of making one from scratch. Just use one and a half cups of the teriyaki sauce and leave all the ingredients out except the beef. You might still need to thicken it with the cornstarch at the end of cooking.
If you’re trying to keep an eye on what you eat, then you will find the nutritional information below very handy. It’s a rough estimate as I made use of an online tool to calculate it, but it should come in handy if you’re on the fence about trying this slow cooker teriyaki beef.
There are quite a few different types of delicious beef dishes that you can do in the slow cooker. For example, something like the Mongolian beef is an easy yet flavor-packed slow cooker dish. It has rich flavors of hoisin, soy, garlic, and ginger.
Much like every recipe I have, I really hope that you enjoy this slow cooker teriyaki beef. If you have any of your own thoughts, tips or anything else that you would like to add then be sure to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook.