Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours & 10 Minutes
- Total time: 8 Hours & 25 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) rump steak, thickly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, crushed
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup beef stock
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- In a frypan over high heat, lightly brown the beef, then put to the side.
- Next, in a slow cooker, add garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce, beef stock, rice wine vinegar, and black pepper.
- Next, gently mix in the sliced beef strips.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the beef is tender.
- To thicken the sauce, mix the cornstarch and water together. Gently stir into the teriyaki beef mixture.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If beef isn’t your thing, then you can also do this dish with chicken instead. Both variations work incredibly well, so it just comes down to personal preference.
- As I mentioned above, make sure you use a cheap cut of beef like rump or round for the best results.
- You can use jar teriyaki sauce instead of making one from scratch. Just use one and a half cups of the teriyaki sauce and leave all the ingredients out except the beef. You might still need to thicken it with the cornstarch at the end of cooking.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!