Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Satay Beef Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time: 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 500 g (1.1 lb) rump steak, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thick slices
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, crushed
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup beef stock
- Quickly brown the beef in a frypan, drain any excess fluid.
- In a slow cooker, add all of the ingredients.
- Stir to combine and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The red chili flakes can be left out of the sauce if you do not like spicy food. It is also ideal to leave the chili out of the dish if you need to feed kids.
- If you need to feed a lot of people, then you can easily just double the recipe. You can try only increasing the meat, but you might not end up with enough sauce, so I recommend doubling all the ingredients.
- You can skip browning the meat if you are running low on time. There should not be a massive difference in the end, but I recommend browning the meat if you have the time.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!