Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Satay Beef Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 500g (17.5 oz) rump steak, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thick slices
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, crushed
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup beef stock
- Quickly brown the beef in a frypan, drain any excess fluid.
- In a slow cooker, add all of the ingredients.
- Stir to combine and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The red chili flakes can be left out if you don’t like spicy food. It is also perfect to leave the chili out if you need to feed kids.
- If you need to feed a lot of people, then you can easily just double the recipe. You can try only increasing the meat, but you might not end up with enough sauce, so I recommend doubling all the ingredients.
- You’re able to skip browning the meat if you’re running low on time. There shouldn’t be a huge difference, but I recommend doing it if you have the time.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!