This delicious slow cooker beef and broccoli is so easy to make. It’s a must try for anyone who loves the traditional dish that’s cooked over a hot stove but looking to try something slightly different.
As you would expect, this dish is best served up with some rice. I recommend getting some rice cooking in either a rice cooker or over the stove about fifteen to thirty minutes before you plan to serve.
Beef & broccoli is yet another great dish that you’re able to cook in your slow cooker or crock-pot. At the end of cooking, you end up with amazingly tender beef and crunchy broccoli (see cooking tips).
You’re able to add some red peppers or other vegetables to this dish but keep in mind some ingredients are better added at the end such as green vegetables while others at the start such as carrots.
It’s up to you whether you want to brown the meat at the start, but I always find that by doing so you end up with a better tasting beef dish at the end. If you skip this, then you can just place everything straight into the slow cooker.
The leftovers for this dish will reheat pretty well so make sure you keep them if you have any. Just make sure you store it sealed in the refrigerator and that you heat it so that it’s nice and hot. You may notice the broccoli is not as good after reheating the dish.
If you want to see how to prepare and cook this delicious dish, then be sure to check out the video below. Alternatively, you can find the full text-recipe right below.
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Recipe
6 Hours & 15 Minutes
6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- 500g (1 lb) chuck beef, cut into strips
- 1-2 onions, quartered
- 3 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. ginger, minced
- ¾ cup beef stock
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch, to thicken
- 4 cups broccoli florets, room temperature
- Firstly, quickly brown the beef in a frying pan.
- In the slow cooker, add the onions, beef, garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, beef stock, soy, brown sugar, and the sesame oil.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- 30 minutes before you go to serve, mix together the cornstarch with 2 tbsp. of water. Mix into the slow cooker along with the broccoli.
- Cook until thickened and the broccoli is warm, roughly 30 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Make sure you don’t add the broccoli at the start of cooking otherwise it will go like mush and become an ugly looking green. It’s still edible but won’t be as nice in texture and flavor.
- Low sodium soy sauce is a recommendation however you can still use normal soy. I would recommend halving the amount you use as it may make the dish too salty.
- When you put the broccoli into the slow cooker is probably a good time to get some rice cooking. Once the rice is done, the beef & broccoli should be ready.
- If you like a runny sauce, then reduce the amount of cornstarch down to just one tablespoon.
Curious to how much of an impact this delicious slow cooker beef & broccoli dish will have on your diet? Then be sure to check out the nutritional information below.
Keep in mind this information is calculated using an online tool so it may not be 100% accurate. It also doesn’t consider any extras such as the rice that you might have with it.
If you love slow cooker beef dishes, then you may also like some Mongolian beef. It comes out to be incredibly delicious, and much like this dish goes perfect with some rice.
If you have any thoughts, tips or anything else that you would like to share on this slow cooker beef and broccoli then be sure to leave a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.