This belly-warming slow cooker chicken parmesan is a fantastic way to finish a busy day.
The chicken is crumbed with a delicious combination of breadcrumbs and parmesan. It is then topped with a pasta sauce and a generous amount of cheese. It’s the perfect dish if you need to feed quite a few heads.
If you’re thinking of what sides you would like to have with this dish, then you will be happy to hear there is a surprising amount of recipes that you can do. For example, a side of chips and a green salad goes perfectly with this chicken parmesan. Alternatively, you can have it on top of some freshly cooked pasta or slow-cooked potato mash.
I use my homemade slow cooker marinara sauce in this recipe. It really adds a ton of flavor to the dish and is easy to alter if you want some more flavors. If you have the time, I highly recommend making some marinara sauce and keeping it frozen for whenever you need it.
It’s important to keep in mind that cooking this dish in a slow cooker will result in it not being nice and crispy. However, you will still have a flavor-packed meal that is so easy to get cooking early in the day.
If you love seeing how to do stuff visually, then be sure to check out the video below. The full written recipe for this slow cooker chicken parmesan can also be found right underneath the video. If you love the video, then be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. basil, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan, shredded
- 500g (17 ½ oz.) pasta sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan, shredded
- Firstly, in a bowl, add the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Secondly, in a clean bowl, beat the two eggs.
- In a new bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, basil, and parmesan.
- Coat the chicken in the flour, egg and then cover in breadcrumbs until completely coated. Repeat for all four chicken breasts.
- Lightly grease the slow cooker with oil.
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker and top with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Next, top with the pasta sauce and finish with the rest of the cheddar cheese and parmesan.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- There is no need to butterfly the chicken as they will be cooked all the way through by the end of cooking.
- As I mentioned above, you can use any type of pasta sauce that you like. Personally, I like to use my homemade marinara sauce, but any store-bought jar sauce will work just as well.
- If you don't like the possibility of soggy breadcrumbs, then simply don’t coat the chicken. Once the chicken has finished cooking top with some pan-fried breadcrumbs.
This slow cooker chicken parmesan is so delicious however you might be curious as to how much of an impact it will on your daily diet. If this is the case, then you can find all the information you need right below.
As I always like to mention, this information is only an estimate so keep this in mind if you calculate it yourself.
If you’re not feeling like eating some chicken parmesan but want a slow cooker chicken dish, then there is a ton to pick from. Personally, if you feel like something delicious then be sure to try out the bacon and chicken carbonara.
I hope that you enjoy this slow cooker chicken parmesan and that you don’t run into issues making it. If you have some feedback, tips, thoughts, or anything else that you would like to say, then please feel free to leave a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.