This creamy cheesy slow cooker chicken cordon bleu is an absolute delight. It has a delicious creamy sauce, swiss cheese, ham and a tasty bread stuffing topping. If you love a good chicken recipe, then you totally need to give this recipe a try.
You’re probably going to find this slow cooker chicken recipe around on the web quite a bit as it’s quite popular. After cooking this dish, you will see why this is the case. This variation has a creamy sauce that matches the chicken perfectly. The ham, swiss cheese, and the bread stuffing take the dish to the next level. It is indeed a dinner recipe that will be sure to amaze the people you’re cooking for.
This chicken cordon bleu recipe does cook to be quite a bit different to the version that you would cook over the stove but is still an excellent dish. If you’re looking for something to go with this dish, then you should try a side of roasted vegetables, baby potatoes or even green beans. Some creamy mashed potato or rice is an excellent addition as well.
You may find that the slices of ham will cause the chicken to go slightly pink. If you’re worried, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. If it is over 70°C/165°, then you’re fine to eat, if it is under, then cook it for longer. Remember it’s always important not to use frozen chicken in the slow cooker.
The leftovers of this slow cooker chicken cordon bleu are great the next day for a nice easy lunch or dinner. Simply reheat in the microwave or a hot oven. This dish should last for two to three days in the fridge or much longer if you’re freezing it.
If you love to see all the steps to making this delicious dish, then be sure to check out the video below. It’s short, snappy and straight to the point. Alternatively, you can find the full written recipe right underneath the video.
Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
6 Hours & 10 Minutes
- Mix the milk, cream of chicken and garlic.
- Pour 1/4 of the cream of chicken mix into the slow cooker.
- Layer half of the ham over the top of the cream of chicken mix.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Top with the remaining ham and the swiss cheese.
- Pour the rest of the cream of chicken mix over the top.
- Top with the stuffing mix and scatter the butter over the top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- The chicken breast can be swapped out for something like chicken thigh instead.
- If you’re unable to get your hands on some dry bread stuffing, then you could use breadcrumbs instead. For the best results, I would look at using something like panko breadcrumbs.
- Swiss cheese is ideal for this recipe but can be swapped out for another cheese if required. Something like a cheddar will be an ample replacement.
This cheesy dish is not the healthiest dish, but if you have it with some vegetables, you can help add a bit of goodness to the dish.
If you need all the nutritional information for this tasty chicken cordon bleu, then you can find it below. Remember to add any extras on to the top of the values below.
If you’re after more tasty slow cooker chicken dishes, then you will be surprised with just how many there are. If you love rich creamy sauces, then you should check out the chicken stroganoff recipe for the slow cooker. It’s as good as it looks.
I hope that you enjoy this slow cooker chicken cordon bleu recipe and that the instructions are easy to follow. If you want even more recipes then you should take a look at our excellent slow cooker recipe book, it has all our delicious recipes.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.