This creamy slow cooker chicken carbonara is so easy to prepare and get cooking. The result tastes amazing and will please anyone who loves a good pasta.
One great thing about this dish is that you can feed quite a few people with it. One batch of this recipe will feed 4-6 people depending on if they’re big eaters or not. You can easily double the recipe if you need to feed more people.
This recipe is certainly not a traditional carbonara but will still please anyone who loves creamy pasta they can cook in their slow cooker or crockpot. The rich, creamy sauce will delight anyone who loves a good pasta sauce that’s packed full of flavor.
Depending on what you prefer you can cook the pasta separately or in the slow cooker. If you want to cook it in the slow cooker, then check out the cooking tips below as the cooking instructions will vary slightly.
Grated parmesan is the perfect way to finish this dish off! Just sprinkle some over the pasta once you have served it up. If you want, you can also mix a quarter of a cup of the parmesan cheese through the sauce for incredibly tasty and cheesy pasta. If you’re looking for a side to go with this meal, then some lovely garlic bread is always good with pasta.
If you would like to see how to cook this recipe, then be sure to check out the video below. Alternatively, the full-text recipe is right below!
Slow Cooker Chicken Carbonara Recipe
6 Hours & 15 Minutes
6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- 250g (9 oz.) bacon, diced
- 500g (18 oz.) chicken thigh or breast, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 200g (7 oz.) button mushroom, sliced
- 300ml (10 fl. oz.) chicken stock
- 300ml (10 fl. oz.) thickened cream/heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 250g (7 oz.) pasta (cooked)
- In a frying pan, quickly cook the bacon until crispy. Once crispy drain on some paper towel.
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken thighs, onion, mushrooms, bacon, garlic, and the chicken stock. Mix together slightly.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch with 2 Tbsp. water before mixing into the slow cooker with the thickened cream.
- Add the cooked pasta and heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you rather just cook the pasta in the slow cooker, then just turn to high for the last fifteen minutes and add the pasta. Also, do not add the cornstarch as the pasta will thicken the sauce up quite a bit. I find the cooking the pasta in the slow cooker will make the sauce a bit too gluggy for my liking but saves on washing up and extra messing around.
- You don’t have the fry the bacon off first, but I highly recommend that you do so for the best taste and texture.
- Don’t add the cream at the start as it may split and make the dish not as enjoyable.
If you’re interested in how much this delicious pasta dish will impact your diet, then be sure to check out the nutrition data below. It has been estimated using an online tool but should be good enough to give you a good idea of what to expect out of this delicious pasta dish.
If you’re feeling like pasta but would rather something else, then the beef stroganoff dish is simply amazing. It has rich, tender pieces of beef that just melt in your mouth.
If you don’t have the time to wait around for a slow cooker and just want an easy pasta recipe to cook up, then this lazy carbonara recipe turns out pretty nice.
I hope this deliciously creamy slow cooker chicken carbonara came out to be amazing. If you have any tips, variations or anything else that you would like to share, then please don’t hesitate to drop a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.