This slow cooker meatloaf has been an absolute hit at so many of my family gatherings. The sauce is rich, and the meatloaf is tender. It’s a match made in heaven.
The rich sauce that you pour over the top of the meatloaf is so good. The flavors from the ketchup, mustard, and the Worcestershire sauce help elevate the dish to the next level.
A meatloaf is delicious on its own, but it typically does need a few sides to go with it. There are quite a few different sides that go great with meatloaf.
A few of my favourite side dishes include, some herby baby potatoes or even a hash brown casserole. Even better is that you can do them in the slow cooker as well, you will just need two slow cookers.
With a side dish or two, this meatloaf should feed six or more people. It holds it shape pretty well so you can cut thinner slices than what’s shown in the photo at the top of this page.
The leftovers of this recipe can be kept in the fridge or freezer. Personally, I recommend that you heat the leftover meatloaf in the oven, in a frypan or in a microwave. It’s a fantastic way to have a delicious meal in no time at all.
The video below will take you through all the steps to making this deliciously easy slow cooker meatloaf. If video isn’t your thing then you can find the full written recipe right underneath it.
Slow Cooker Meatloaf Recipe
Can't see the video? Support us by disabling your adblocker.
- 1kg (2.2 lb) ground beef
- 2 tsp. garlic crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, minced
- ½ Tbsp. oregano
- ½ Tbsp. parsley
- ½ cup milk
- 1 & ½ cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl combine the ground beef, garlic, eggs, onion, oregano, parsley, milk, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs.
- Line a slow cooker with baking paper.
- Shape the beef mixture into a round loaf and place into the slow cooker.
- In a jug, mix the ketchup, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over the meatloaf in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve Enjoy.
- If you don’t have time for the slow cooker, then you can always consider doing the meatloaf in the oven. Simply preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F) and bake in a loaf tin.
- Using lean ground beef will reduce the amount of fat generated throughout cooking.
- If you want a cheesy meatloaf, then add some slices of cheese over the top of the beef mixture. Alternatively, you can add shredded cheese straight into the meatloaf mixture.
- Pouring the sauce over the meatloaf at the start will allow the flavors to seep in over the long cooking time.
- If you want to jam even more flavor into this meatloaf, then try replacing the breadcrumbs with dried stuffing mix instead.
One thing you might be after is the nutritional information, if this is the case then you can find all you need to know below.
Please remember that this information is merely just an estimate. It also doesn’t consider any of the extras that you might have with it such as some roasted vegetables or scalloped potatoes.
There are so many ground beef recipes that you can do in the slow cooker. If meatloaf isn’t appealing to you right now, then maybe something like a good chili cooked in the slow cooker will satisfy you.
Another great recipe that I highly recommend checking out is the lion’s head meatballs for the slow cooker. They’re absolutely delicious and the broth that goes with them is irresistible.
I absolutely love this slow cooker meatloaf and I really hope that you do too. If you have some feedback, tips or anything else then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.