Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Meatloaf Recipe
- Prep time 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time 6 Hours & 20 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1kg (2.2 lb) ground beef
- 2 tsp. garlic crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, minced
- ½ Tbsp. oregano
- ½ Tbsp. parsley
- ½ cup milk
- 1 & ½ cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
To make gluten-free replace the breadcrumbs and Worcestershire sauce with gluten-free variants.
- In a bowl combine the ground beef, garlic, eggs, onion, oregano, parsley, milk, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs.
- Line a slow cooker with baking paper.
- Shape the beef mixture into a round loaf and place into the slow cooker.
- In a jug, mix the ketchup, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over the meatloaf in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve Enjoy.
- If you don’t have time for the slow cooker, then you can always consider doing the meatloaf in the oven. Simply preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F) and bake in a loaf tin.
- Using lean ground beef will reduce the amount of fat generated throughout cooking.
- If you want a cheesy meatloaf, then add some slices of cheese over the top of the beef mixture. Alternatively, you can add shredded cheese straight into the meatloaf mixture.
- Pouring the sauce over the meatloaf at the start will allow the flavors to seep in over the long cooking time.
- If you want to jam even more flavor into this meatloaf, then try replacing the breadcrumbs with dried stuffing mix instead.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!