Slow cooker sloppy joes is the perfect dish when you’re running low on money and want something super easy to cook up.
This dish cooked out to be quite rich and packed full of flavor. The combination of the ketchup, Worcestershire, Dijon and brown sugar leaves you with a deliciously rich sauce. If you love tons of sauce, then I highly recommend doubling all the sauce ingredients.
While you can eat this just on its own, I highly recommend having it in a freshly baked bread roll. If you’re feeling really hungry, then some chips just really top this dish off. You can include these in the roll with the sloppy joe mix or on the side.
This dish is pretty marvelous in a sandwich, but it’s not the only slow cooker dish that produces great sandwich meat. You should also check out something like the Mississippi beef or even the addictive crack chicken.
You can quickly bulk this recipe out if you need to feed more people. You should find this base recipe will feed quite a few people, especially if you have it with bread rolls and crispy chips.
This recipe is just yet another great ground beef dish that you can cook in a slow cooker. Perfect if you’re looking for a dish that is friendly on your budget but still incredibly delicious.
Leftovers of this dish are great for use in a sandwich the next day. You can reheat the leftovers, but they’re surprisingly good cold too. Just make sure you store it in the fridge or freezer until you need it. It should last for roughly three days in the refrigerator.
If you love seeing how things are done then be sure to check out the video below. It will take you through all the steps to making this delicious dish in the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes Recipe
6 Hours & 15 Minutes
6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- 500g (1 lb.) ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- In a frypan over high heat, brown the ground beef.
- Once browned, drain off the excess fluid and transfer to a slow cooker.
- In the slow cooker, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Browning the beef isn’t important, but if you do want less liquid at the end of cooking, then I highly recommend doing it. Also by browning the meat and draining the excess fluid, you will have less fat in the final dish.
- Adding a 400g (14 oz.) can of crushed tomatoes will add a lot more fluid to this dish. It's the perfect addition if you prefer your sloppy joes a bit wetter then what this recipe produces.
- If you prefer your food to be less on the sweet side then simply leave the sugar out.
- You can change the slow cooking time for this dish to something a lot shorter. Even when set on low this dish will be fine cooking for as short as 2 hours. However, the flavor might not have fully developed in such a short time. Personally, I would avoid setting the slow cooker to the high temperature.
If you’re after it, you can find the nutritional information for this delicious dish right below. Keep in mind this information is estimated so it may vary depending on the ingredients you use.
If you’re not really in the mood for some sloppy joes and want to cook something else with ground beef, then you should check out the flavor-packed chili. It’s pretty easy to make and can be eaten just on its own.
I hope that you enjoy these easy slow cooker sloppy joes, if you have any feedback, tips or anything else, then feel free to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook.