This slow cooker tomato soup is an absolute delight as it’s packed with a ton of flavor and is super easy to prepare.
The flavors of this soup will have you going back for seconds or even thirds. It features the traditional tomato flavor combinations that you know and love, such as basil, oregano, and even bell pepper.
I love making this soup as it’s super easy and tastes so much better than the store-bought canned tomato soup. The best part is that you can easily alter the recipe to better suit your taste buds.
This soup is great all year round, so it’s the perfect one to keep at the top of your recipe pile. I love making it when I need to feed quite a few people but running low on money.
The best part about making this slow cooker tomato soup from scratch is that you can decide on the flavorings.
For example, if you like your soup herby, add more herbs. You can even add some bacon if you want to. Some grated parmesan is always an excellent addition.
This soup is excellent without any side dishes, but I do love having it with some fresh bread or some croutons. You could even make some fried cheese sticks to dip into the soup.
The video below will quickly take you through all the steps to making this delicious tomato soup in a slow cooker.
Alternatively, there is also a written recipe right underneath the video. If you like this recipe, then be sure to check out our many other great slow cooker recipes.
Slow Cooker Tomato Soup Recipe
Can't see the video? Support us by disabling your adblocker.
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 tsp basil, dried
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 800g (1.7 lb) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- In a slow cooker, add all the ingredients except for the cream.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Blitz the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the cream and season to taste.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until hot.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can omit the sugar if you don’t think it is needed. However, the sugar will help reduce the acidity of the tomatoes.
- If you’re using fresh tomatoes, then make sure you remove the skins as they will cook to be quite leathery.
- Bacon is an excellent addition, but I highly recommend that you dice and fry it first.
- This soup is best pureed, so I highly recommend that you don’t try to make it chunky.
- The chicken stock can be replaced with vegetable stock, and the cream left out if you want this to be vegan or vegetarian-friendly.
All the nutritional information for this tomato soup is right below. If you’re trying to be strict with your eating, then make sure you add any extras such as bread or croutons.
I should mention that the information is only an estimate so it may be slightly different if you calculate it yourself.
There are plenty of tomato-based recipes that you can do in the slow cooker. For example, I love making a good marinara sauce in the slow cooker. It’s perfect for pastas and much more.
Another great soup that you can make in the slow cooker is the pumpkin soup. It’s rich, creamy and the perfect dish for a cold winter’s day. I love eating it with some fresh bread.
I love this slow cooker tomato soup and I hope that you do too. If you have some feedback, tips or anything else then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.