Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Tomato Soup Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time: 8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 tsp basil, dried
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 800 g (1.8 lb) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- In a slow cooker, add all the ingredients except for the cream.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Puree the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the cream and season to taste.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until hot.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can omit the sugar if you don’t think it is needed. However, the sugar will help reduce the acidity of the tomatoes.
- If you’re using fresh tomatoes, then make sure you remove the skins as they will cook to be quite leathery.
- Bacon is an excellent addition, but I highly recommend that you dice and fry it first.
- This soup is best pureed, so I highly recommend that you don’t try to make it chunky.
- The chicken stock can be replaced with vegetable stock, and the cream left out if you want this to be vegan or vegetarian-friendly.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!