This delicious slow cooker creamed corn is the perfect comfort food. You can eat it just on its own or as a side to another dish. It’s incredibly easy to get prepared and cooking in no time at all.
If you have multiple slow cookers, you can cook this alongside something else such a whole chicken or even a pork loin. It’s up to you, but I found this fulfilling enough to just eat it on its own.
You’re able to use fresh corn kernels if you have some around but personally, I opted for the tinned variety, just make sure you drain them before adding them to the slow cooker.
One great thing that I love about this recipe is how easy it is to get right. All you need to do is dump the ingredients into the slow cooker and wait until it’s cooked and ready for eating.
Creamed corn will last in the fridge for a few days so make sure you don’t throw out any leftovers. It’s great for use in other recipes or just to eat on its own.
There aren’t many ingredients that you will need for this delicious dish. You can always alter the recipe if you feel like it needs a bit of adjusting. If you come up with an even better variation, then feel free to leave a comment below.
If you want to see how to make this slow cooker creamed corn, then be sure to check out the video below. If you’re just after the written recipe, then you can find it right below.
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn Recipe
4 Hours & 10 Minutes
- 700g (25 oz.) corn kernels, drained
- 250g (9 oz.) cream cheese, cubed
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Salt & pepper
- In a slow cooker, add all the ingredients and stir lightly to combine.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Season to taste.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you don’t have cream, then you can swap this out for milk, but the result won’t be as creamy and rich. If you want, you could always use a combination of milk and cream.
- Want to take this recipe to the next level? then try adding some crispy bacon at the end of cooking. It will please anyone who loves bacon.
- If you love things cheesy, then you can always add a bit more cheese to the dish. Something like a strong cheddar would work well.
- The dairy in this dish should not split as it might in other dishes. Dairy tends to split when cooked for a long amount of time, and it’s an important slow cooker tip to keep in mind when adding dairy to your slow cooker food.
If you’re after the nutritional information for this creamed corn, then you can find it right below. I’ve calculated this data using an online tool, but you should find it is accurate enough to be able to decide whether this is for you or not.
As I mentioned above, there are so many different dishes you can cook up to go with this delicious side dish. You could try the whole chicken as I said above or something else there are just so many amazing slow cooker dinner recipes that you can try out.
I hope that you enjoy this slow cooker creamed corn recipe! If you have some feedback, tips, or anything else that you would like to share, then please feel free to leave a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.