This delicious slow cooker sweet and sour pork is an incredibly easy dish to get ready and cooking. It is yet another great dish you can get cooking in the morning so that it’s ready for when you sit down for dinner.
You can enjoy this dish just by itself, but I recommend having it with some rice or noodles. You will probably need to get the rice cooking about 30 minutes before the pork will be ready.
If you just have this slow cooker dish by itself, then you will only get about 4-6 serves out of a standard recipe. However, if you’re having something like rice with it, then you can expect it to feed a lot more people, maybe even double the amount.
Since we’re slow cooking the pork, you’re better off using a cheaper tougher piece of meat. If you use a tender piece of meat, then it’s likely to cook too fast and just fall apart before you even go to eat it. If you rather use a different type of meat, then you can always try doing a sweet n sour chicken.
If you want to see how to do this recipe, then be sure to check out the full video below. It’s nice and short but shows you everything you need to know about getting this dish ready and cooking.
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
6 Hours & 15 Minutes
6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- 500g (1.5 lb) pork loin, cubed (Slightly seasoned with salt & pepper)
- 1x 440g (15 ½ oz.) can, pineapple Pieces with unsweetened juice (Don’t drain)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled & sliced
- ½ tsp. ginger, minced
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- In a fry-pan quickly sear off the cubed pork loin over high heat.
- In a slow cooker mix together the brown sugar, ginger, apple cider vinegar, pineapple juice, ketchup and finally the soy sauce.
- Add the pork, red bell pepper, carrot, onion, pineapple pieces and stir slightly.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- 15 minutes before serving, mix together the water and cornstarch until it forms a smooth paste. Pour this into the slow cooker and mix trying to make sure there are no lumps. Cook for 15 minutes or until nice and thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy
- The soy sauce provides plenty of salt for this dish so you shouldn’t feel the need to add any extra apart from the seasoning on the pork.
- The ketchup can be replaced with tomato paste if you don’t have any or you would like to swap it out.
- Water chestnuts & baby corn also goes well in this dish if you’re looking for something extra to add to it.
- If you need the sweet and sour pork faster than the 6 hours, then you can turn the slow cooker up too high. It will take roughly 2-4 hours.
If you’re curious about the calories and the other nutritional values for this delicious sweet and sour dish, then you can see everything below. This information was calculated using an online tool, so it’s only an estimate. It also doesn’t take into account any extras that you may have with it such as rice or noodles.
There are so many other slow cooker dinner recipes that you need to try. One that is similar to this dish is the amazing honey garlic chicken. It has a rich blend of honey, soy, and garlic. It tastes amazing and is well worth checking out.
I hope you enjoy this slow cooker sweet and sour pork recipe as much as I did. If you have any feedback, variations or anything else that you would love to share, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook.