Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 500g (1.5 lb) pork loin, cubed and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 440g (15.5 oz) pineapple pieces with unsweetened juice (Don’t drain)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled & sliced
- ½ tsp ginger, minced
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- In a fry-pan over high heat, quickly sear the pork loin.
- In a slow cooker, combine the brown sugar, ginger, apple cider vinegar, pineapple juice, ketchup, and soy sauce.
- Add the pork, red bell pepper, carrot, onion, pineapple pieces, and stir slightly.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Mix together the water and cornstarch until it forms a smooth paste. Pour this into the slow cooker and mix, try to make sure there are no lumps.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until the sauce is thick.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The soy sauce provides plenty of salt for this dish, so you should not need to add any extra apart from the seasoning on the pork.
- If you need the sweet and sour pork faster than the six hours, you can turn the slow cooker up to the high setting. It will take roughly two to four hours.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!