Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 500g (1.5 lb) pork loin, cubed (Slightly seasoned with salt & pepper)
- 440g (15.5 oz) can, pineapple Pieces with unsweetened juice (Don’t drain)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled & sliced
- ½ tsp ginger, minced
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- In a fry-pan quickly sear off the cubed pork loin over high heat.
- In a slow cooker mix together the brown sugar, ginger, apple cider vinegar, pineapple juice, ketchup and finally the soy sauce.
- Add the pork, red bell pepper, carrot, onion, pineapple pieces and stir slightly.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- 15 minutes before serving, mix together the water and cornstarch until it forms a smooth paste. Pour this into the slow cooker and mix trying to make sure there are no lumps. Cook for 15 minutes or until nice and thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy
- The soy sauce provides plenty of salt for this dish so you shouldn’t feel the need to add any extra apart from the seasoning on the pork.
- The ketchup can be replaced with tomato paste if you don’t have any or you would like to swap it out.
- Water chestnuts & baby corn also goes well in this dish if you’re looking for something extra to add to it.
- If you need the sweet and sour pork faster than the 6 hours, then you can turn the slow cooker up too high. It will take roughly 2-4 hours.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!