These delicious slow cooker golden syrup dumplings are a great dessert that you can get cooking just before dinner so that they’re ready when you’re ready for dessert.
You will find that these sweet doughy dumplings are incredibly rich and delicious. Some vanilla ice cream, custard or even just heavy cream will match perfectly with this dessert while also helping cut through a bit of the sweetness. They’re also pretty fantastic only on their own so don’t feel like you need to add extras.
Just like the bread and raisin pudding, any leftovers are worth keeping as they will reheat nicely for breakfast or dessert the next day. Just heat in the microwave and enjoy. These should last for up to a week in the fridge.
Golden syrup should be available at any local supermarket in the baking or international section. Of course, you can also find golden syrup online at places such as Amazon. Alternatively, you can use light treacle or molasses as a substitute (I can’t guarantee the result will taste the same).
Like most slow cooker meals this one can be left in the pot for an hour or two after it’s finished cooking. This leniency is great if you’re running late or you’re not quite ready to dig into this tasty dessert.
If you love to see things done visually, then the video below goes through all the steps to making these delicious dumplings. If you have a variation that you would like to share, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
Slow Cooker Golden Syrup Dumplings Recipe
2 Hours & 20 Minutes
- 1 ½ cup self-rising flour
- 2 Tbsp. (30g/1 oz.) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 2 cups boiling water
- ¾ cup golden syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 50g (1.7 oz.) butter, melted
- In a bowl, mix the flour and butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the center and add the milk and golden syrup. Mix until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into roughly 9-18 balls. (~1 Tbsp. each)
- In a slow cooker, mix the golden syrup, butter, brown sugar and boiling water.
- Add the dumplings one by one.
- Cook on high for 60-90 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can prepare the dumplings mixture the day before you want to make the dessert. Just make sure you store the mix in the fridge until you need it.
- Adding a drizzle of cream to the sauce at the end of cooking will make the sauce much creamier.
- As mentioned above, you can substitute the golden syrup with light treacle or molasses.
- These can cook on low, but they might not puff up as much and instead be more spread out.
This sugary sweet slow cooker dessert is incredibly tasty, but regarding nutrition, it is a bit lacking. If you want to know the nutritional information for these golden syrup dumplings, then you can find everything you need right below.
I should quickly mention that this information was calculated using an online tool so it may not be 100% accurate. With that said it should be good enough for anyone on the fence about trying this tasty dish.
If you’re after more slow cooker desserts, then you need to try out some of the puddings that you’re able to do. The chocolate lava cake cooks out to have an incredibly rich and gooey sauce. It is the perfect treat for anyone who absolutely loves chocolate.
These delicious slow cooker golden syrup dumplings are so addictive and are worth the effort it takes to make them. They’re super easy to make quickly, and I hope they cook to be as great as they did for me. If you have any feedback, tips or anything else, then be sure to leave a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.