This deliciously sweet slow cooker lemon delicious pudding is the perfect dessert for anyone who is a fan of citrus.
Once this pudding has finished cooking it should have separated with some delicious sauce on the bottom and a beautiful fluffy cake on the top. Sometimes if your slow cooker cooks a bit too hot or you overcook the cake, then you will be left with little to no sauce. The pudding is still delicious even without the sauce so don’t stress too much if it looks dry.
This gooey pudding is just fine by itself and doesn’t need anything extra to go with it. With that said, if you do want to have something extra than the usual scoop of ice cream goes perfectly with this pudding. You could also try something like a hot custard or just some heavy cream.
As with any slow cooker pudding, the leftovers of this are well worth keeping as they will reheat the next day nicely. Make sure you keep the leftovers in either the fridge or freezer, depending on what’s more convenient for you.
You’re able to use either fresh lemon juice or bottled however for the best results I highly recommend using fresh. A good lemon juicer will make it easy for getting the most juice out of your lemons.
If you prefer to follow along to a video, then be sure to check out the one I have prepared below. It will take you through the entire process of making this pudding.
Slow Cooker Lemon Delicious Pudding Recipe
4 Hours & 30 Minutes
- 150g (5 oz.) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 & 1/2 cups caster sugar
- ¾ cup self-rising flour, sifted
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 & 1/2 cups milk
- 4 egg whites
- Beat together the sugar, butter until light and fluffy.
- Next, beat the egg yolks into the mixture.
- Gently mix in the flour, lemon zest, lemon juice and the milk.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, once done, gently fold into the cake mix.
- Lightly grease a slow cooker and then pour in the batter mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Try not to knock too much air out of the egg whites when folding them into the cake mix. This technique will help ensure a fluffier, tastier pudding. If you accidentally knock out too much air the cake will not be as fluffy but still taste great.
- If you want to change this slow cooker lemon delicious pudding recipe slightly then replacing half of the lemon juice with lime juice will give you a much different pudding. Perfect for anyone who loves a good lemon-lime pudding.
- You can cook this pudding on high but make sure you reduce the cooking time by at least half. You may want to keep an eye on it just in case it starts to burn and overcook.
If you’re wondering what the nutrition looks like for this pudding, then you can find all the information you need right below. Please keep in mind I have used an online tool to calculate this information so it may be slightly inaccurate.
There are so many tasty puddings that you can do in the slow cooker. Because of the moist nature of a slow cooker, they always come out gooey and delicious. If you love this one, then you should certainly check out the self-saucing banana pudding. It too is deliciously gooey and perfect when you feel like a treat.
I hope that you enjoy this slow cooker lemon delicious pudding as much as I do. If you have some feedback, tips or anything else that you would like to say then, please drop a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook!