There is nothing like a good slow cooker bread pudding for either breakfast or dessert. This dish is incredibly easy and is a great way to use up some old bread.
This pudding is amazing with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup over the top. If you want to go one step further, then some vanilla ice cream goes amazingly well with this pudding. If you’re having this as a tasty slow cooked breakfast, then a side of bacon also works well with this dish.
The leftovers of this pudding will keep for a few days in the fridge. Whenever you’re feeling a bit hungry, just reheat in the microwave for a delicious quick & easy breakfast or dessert. You can also freeze this dish, but it’s probably not going to be as lovely as it was fresh.
If you want to see how to do this slow cooker bread pudding, then be sure to check out the video below. The video will take you through everything that you need to do in a short and snappy manner.
Slow Cooker Bread Pudding Recipe
4 Hours & 20 Minutes
- 8 cups of cubed sliced bread
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup raisins or dried cranberries
- ½ tsp. cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp. nutmeg, ground
- In a bowl, beat together the brown sugar, eggs, and butter.
- Whisk in the nutmeg and cinnamon until well combined.
- Lastly, whisk in the milk.
- In a greased slow cooker, mix together the cubed sliced bread, cranberries, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour in the milk, stir slightly to help ensure that the bread is well coated.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Avoid cooking this on the high setting as it’s likely to burn the egg mix.
- Older bread tends to work best as it will absorb the egg mixture a lot faster leaving you with a much better tasting bread pudding.
- If you don’t like raisins or cranberries, then these can be left out completely or swapped for another type of fruit. Chunks of apples will also work pretty well in this pudding.
- A jam can help change this recipe and make it incredibly fruity in flavor. Simply add ¼ cup of jam into the milk mix or add it to the cubed bread and mix it around.
- You can add some nuts such as walnuts, pecans or slivered almonds for a bit of crunch.
If you want to know all the relevant nutritional information for this slow cooker bread pudding, then you can find it below. These values are estimated using an online tool so they may be slightly inaccurate but should still give you a good idea of what to expect from a single serving of this delicious pudding.
It’s also important to mention that this doesn’t take into account any extras that you may have such as a drizzle of honey or a scoop of ice cream.
If you love this recipe or looking for similar dishes, then you should check out the French toast cooked in the slow cooker. The french toast is similar to this pudding, but you will find it to be less sweet and have more of a creamy egg taste to it.
I hope that you enjoy this delicious slow cooker bread pudding recipe. If you have any feedback, tips or anything else that you would like to share, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook.