Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Bread Pudding Recipe
- Prep time 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 4 Hours
- Total time 4 Hours & 20 Minutes
- Serves 6
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp nutmeg, ground
- 2 cups milk
- 8 cups of cubed sliced bread
- ½ cup raisins
- In a bowl, beat together the brown sugar, eggs, and butter.
- Whisk in the cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined.
- Lastly, whisk in the milk.
- In a greased slow cooker, add the cubed sliced bread and raisins.
- Pour in the milk mixture, stir slightly to help ensure that the bread is well coated.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Avoid cooking this pudding on the high setting as it’s likely to burn the egg mix.
- Older bread tends to work best as it will absorb the egg mixture a lot faster, leaving you with a much better tasting bread pudding.
- If you don’t like raisins or cranberries, then these can be left out completely or swapped for another type of fruit. Chunks of apples will also work pretty well in this pudding.
- A jam can help change this recipe and make it incredibly fruity in flavor. Simply add quarter of a cup of jam into the milk mix or add it to the cubed bread and mix it around.
- You can add some nuts such as walnuts, pecans or slivered almonds for a bit of crunch.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!