These delicious slow cooker curried sausages are the perfect dinner dish for when you need to feed a hungry family.
The flavors in this dish are amazing, and you get a slight hint of sweetness thanks to the fruit chutney along with the bold flavors of the curry powder. For this dish I used the yellow keen’s mustard powder, you can find this at most good supermarkets. The sausages that you use can profoundly influence the outcome of this dish so if you can afford it, try to buy some decent quality ones.
This curried sausages dish is an excellent recipe if you find yourself with a ton of leftover sausages. If you have already cooked the sausages, then you can just slice them up and add them to the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients.
You’re able to eat this dish just by itself, but I recommend having something to go with it. Potato mash, roast potatoes or rice are all excellent accompaniments for this dish. It just comes down to what you’re feeling like eating.
I should point out that if you pick a potato side dish, then you might want to leave or swap the potatoes out of the recipe to avoid ending up with way too much potato on your plate.
The leftovers of this dish are well worth keeping as they will reheat the next day nicely for lunch or dinner. Just store in the fridge until needed, it should last for up to about three days. Alternatively, you can also freeze this dish down and keep it for a few months before it will need to be consumed. It’s the perfect way if you want to stock up on some quick and easy meals.
If you want to see how to prepare this recipe, then be sure to check out the video below. It takes you through all the steps to making this delicious dish.
Slow Cooker Curried Sausages Recipe
6 Hours & 30 Minutes
6 Hours & 45 Minutes
- 500g (17 oz.) beef or pork sausages
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. fruit chutney
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. water
- In a frypan, cook the sausages over medium heat. Once cooked, allow to cool and cut into bite-sized chunks.
- In a slow cooker, add the sausages, onion, garlic, potatoes, carrots, curry powder, fruit chutney and the beef stock. Mix slightly.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water until it forms a paste. Next, mix the paste and peas into the curried sausages.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Adding the peas towards the end will prevent them going a greyish green color and losing their flavor. With that said you can still add them at the start if you don’t mind them losing color.
- Fruit chutney can be left out, but you will lose a bit of the flavor and sweetness.
- The potato can be swapped or left out of the recipe, however, keep in mind potato is a great way to bulk out a dish. If you’re swapping it, then sweet potato is an excellent substitute.
If you need some nutritional information for these curried sausages, then you can find it right below. I should mention that this information is just an estimate but should be good enough if you’re trying to decide if this is ok for your diet.
If you’re not feeling a curry, then you can do a basic sausage casserole in the slow cooker instead. It’s super delicious, and I highly recommend it if you’re looking for a good sausage recipe.
If you have any tips, variations or anything else related to this slow cooker curried sausages recipe, then be sure to leave a comment below. I will love to hear if you have any improvements or issues with this dish.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook.