Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Curried Sausages Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time: 6 Hours & 45 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 500 g (1.1 lb) beef or pork sausages
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 Tbsp fruit chutney
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- In a frypan, cook the sausages over medium heat. Once cooked, allow to cool, and cut into bite-sized chunks.
- In a slow cooker, add the sausages, onion, garlic, potatoes, carrots, curry powder, fruit chutney, and the beef stock. Mix slightly.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water until it forms a paste. Next, mix the paste and peas into the curried sausages.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Adding the peas towards the end will prevent them from going a greyish green color and losing their flavor. With that said, you can add them at the start if you do not mind them losing color.
- Fruit chutney can be left out of the dish, but you will lose a bit of the flavor and sweetness.
- The potato can be swapped or left out of the recipe. However, potato is a great way to bulk out a dish. If you are swapping it, then sweet potato is an excellent substitute.
- To cook this dish faster, simply cook on high for two to three hours.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!