If you love easy desserts, then you’re going to love this slow cooker chocolate cherry dump cake. It needs just three ingredients and cooks out to be gooey, rich and so delicious.
The rich chocolate cake on top of the sweet cherry mix cooks out to be just amazing. The result should be a fantastic combination of gooey cherries and a rich chocolate cake. There are some cooking tips at the bottom of this page if you want to try to vary the dish a little.
Much like the apple or the pineapple dump cake, this is also incredibly easy. It’s the perfect dish for when you need something easy that will also please a sweet tooth.
One thing you may notice with my slow cooker desserts is that I love to have some ice cream with them. This dump cake is no different. A good vanilla ice cream goes fantastic with it or a scoop of chocolate ice cream if you just want to go all out with the chocolate.
This chocolate cherry dump cake is yet another dish that you can keep the leftovers in the fridge or freezer. The leftovers should last 3-5 days if stored correctly in the fridge. Simply microwave or heat in the oven whenever you’re feeling a bit hungry. You can also consume this cold if you don’t mind the taste and texture of a cold cake.
If you like video, then check out the one I have prepared below. It will take you through all the steps to making this tasty chocolate cherry dessert. Alternatively, you can find the full written recipe right underneath the video. You can also pin this recipe for later.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake Recipe
2 Hours & 10 Minutes
- 600g (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
- 1x 400g (14 oz.) box chocolate cake mix
- 110g (4 oz.) butter unsalted, cubed
- Add the cherry pie filling to the slow cooker. Top with the chocolate cake mix and then scatter the butter over the top.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or until the cake is cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy
- A yellow cake mix can be used instead of the chocolate for a completely different flavored dump cake.
- You can use fresh cherries, but this involves a lot more work as they will need to be pitted. You may need to cook the cake for slightly longer as the cherries will need to cook until they’re soft.
- I just used a plain chocolate cake mix for this slow cooker chocolate cherry dump cake recipe, but you’re able to try out other variations such as a chocolate mud cake, brownie, and the many other variations.
If you love to know the nutritional information of the dish that you’re about to eat, then you can find everything you need to know right below. Keep in mind that this information is only an estimate but should be accurate enough to determine if this is ok for you to eat.
There are so many different desserts that you’re able to do in the slow cooker. For me, I prefer to cook up something a little fresher than a dump cake, if I have the time. If you’re willing to try something else, then I highly recommend trying out an apple crisp in the slow cooker.
This slow cooker chocolate cherry dump cake is fantastically easy, and I hope that you enjoy it. If you have any thoughts, tips or anything else that you would like to say, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment right below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.