This 3-ingredient slow cooker apple dump cake is yet another super easy dessert that tastes absolutely amazing. It’s perfect if you need to make a dessert fast and only have very limited ingredients.
This cake cooks out to have lovely tender bits of apple throughout it. It’s incredibly simple as you only need to dump just three ingredients into the slow cooker. Much like the delightful apple crisp, this is best served straight out of your slow cooker or Crock-pot.
You can eat this apple dump cake just by itself, or you can take it to the next level by adding some ice cream, cream or hot custard. They’re all pretty good additions, but personally, I prefer to have this delicious slow-cooked dessert with that incredible creamy vanilla bean ice cream.
As I mention in the cooking tips towards the bottom of this page you’re able to add some more flavor by adding some nutmeg and cinnamon to the apple. This addition will result in a different but tasty spiced apple dump cake.
Make sure you keep any leftovers as they reheat perfectly for a tasty cooked breakfast or dessert the next day. Just store them covered in either the refrigerator or freezer. If you’re storing in the fridge, it should last for about a week before needing to be thrown out.
You can get apple pie filling at your local supermarket, but you can also find it online at places such as Amazon. You can say the same for a yellow cake mix which is usually available at the supermarket or online.
If you love videos, then be sure to check out the one in the middle of this page. It will take you through the very few steps to making this delicious dump cake. Alternatively, you can find the full written recipe right below the video.
Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake Recipe
2 Hours & 10 Minutes
- 800g (21 oz.) apple pie filling
- 400g (14 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 110g (4 oz.) butter, cubed
- Add the apple pie filling to a slow cooker and top with the yellow cake mix. Lastly, scatter the butter over the top of the cake mix.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can sprinkle the apple pie filling with some cinnamon for a bit of extra flavor. Some pie fillings will already have this mixed in so make sure you check so you can avoid overdoing the cinnamon.
- The butter can be melted instead of just cubed. Just make sure you evenly drizzle it over the top of the cake mix.
- Fresh apples can be used instead of tinned however you may need to cook it for longer, so the apples are tender by the time it’s finished cooking.
You’re able to find the nutritional information for this tasty slow cooker apple dump cake right below. Keep in mind I have only estimated this so it may be slightly different depending on the brand of apple pie filling and yellow cake mix you use.
There are quite a few other types of dump cakes that you’re able to make in the slow cooker. If you like this one, then you might also like the peach dump cake. It too is extremely easy and cooks out to be so deliciously good.
This slow cooker apple dump cake is undoubtedly easy and was extremely tasty for me. I hope that you find the same and don’t run into issues. If you have some feedback, variations, tips or anything else, then please feel free to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook.